Acceptable price for PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo-GGG will be $70 and $80 HD. Simple...should be $40 and $50 HD

Comment

I'm a businessman of sorts but PPV prices make no sense to me. Fans paying $65 for a card that has one good fight and often 1 good name is just insane. Then again, maybe I'm correct and that type of this is hurting the sport.
      I think they should $29. My theory is that they will draw in a greater volume of fans over time and make up for the price by increasing the volume (and volume always wins because more fans= more stability and more avenues for revenue).
      But, WTF do I know...

Comment

Originally posted by low blows View Post
        That is part of it, but in England it was on at roughly 5am. I bet a bunch of people slept through the live event.
        I doubt it. If they've bought the event, they would manage to stay up.

Anyway, what does that have to do with anything I've said?

Comment

Why is everyone charging $10 extra for HD? I watch BBC News Live in HD everyday without having to pay extra.

Comment

50-60 is fine for a genuine ppv involving 2 name fighters in a competitive fight.

The issue is these uncompetive showcase fights that are put on ppv.

Although I think someone should look at a Internet only streaming model where it's like $10 and cutout the networks could help make these mid range fights that the networks won't pay for but aren't ppv worthy.
            Last edited by Furn; 09-25-2016, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X