Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are fan's dislike of Amir Khan affecting their judgement on Khan's chances?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo is a fast young guy who can easily make the weight. There are a ton of comparisons being thrown around by those trying to promote this fight, dlh-pac and srl-hagler, specifically by dlh and khan, but this matchup is nothing like those.

Khan doesnt even have any decent wins at 147, his last fight he looked like garbage. Canelo just outboxed cotto who was supposed to be this smaller, faster guy, that didnt work. Canelo easily makes 155 and looked very good his last fight.

Canelo doesnt even need a big size or power advantage to beat khan, that is all just icing on the cake, combined with khan's weak chin, it spells disaster for khan. If they both box all night on the outside, canelo still wins.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      Nope.

I see Khan as a very limited fighter against the genuine top level guys. He has speed, but his 'skills' are vastly over rated, his defence and chin are very poor, he throws arm punch combinations with no awareness of what's coming back, his upper body movement is stiff....

I fully expect Canelo to not only beat him up, but to outbox and outclass him in the process.

yep, canelo's defense and countering are way better than khans, khan has a handspeed advantage but canelo is fast himself, especially for his weight and hes still going to land being that khan is so easy to hit. Khan also folds under pressure and gets into exchanges, so canelo has the option of letting his hands go if boxing isnt working, but I expect canelo to outbox khan even at a slower pace on the outside.

Comment

Khan looks good for about 3 rounds then becomes so sloppy. Canelo is just too big.

Comment

Definitely.

having said that the odds are Khan does get stopped but it's far from sure thing.

Comment

The belief that Khan gets hit by a slight gust of wind and he'll be in a coma is affecting people's opinions a lot more than their feelings about him. I think he has an excellent chance of winning this fight if he's willing to stink it out a little and play things safe. That isn't really Khan though. Still, if he wins I won't be the least bit surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              Canelo is a fast young guy who can easily make the weight. There are a ton of comparisons being thrown around by those trying to promote this fight, dlh-pac and srl-hagler, specifically by dlh and khan, but this matchup is nothing like those.

Khan doesnt even have any decent wins at 147, his last fight he looked like garbage. Canelo just outboxed cotto who was supposed to be this smaller, faster guy, that didnt work. Canelo easily makes 155 and looked very good his last fight.

Canelo doesnt even need a big size or power advantage to beat khan, that is all just icing on the cake, combined with khan's weak chin, it spells disaster for khan. If they both box all night on the outside, canelo still wins.
              Fast hands, yes. His footspeed; that's a different topic - which is why people are giving Khan any chance. Canelo's overwhelming need to have his feet planted versus Khan's ability to rattle off combinations in transition at high speed is a gross mismatch of tangible distance control. If Khan could take a good shot this would be a no brainer for many.

Comment

No.. The guy couldn't handle Danny Garcia past 4 rounds wtf is he gonna do to canelo. All this bs talk about oh me chin is better at me natural weight is bollocks

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                  Khan has many intangibles which I'm sure we're all aware of and is very difficult to beat but Canelo is also often flat footed and can be frustrated by movers. But many are completely writing him off and I have the feeling that it's more what they want to see rather than what they actually believe. Fair enough a KO by Canelo at any stage of the fight is not unrealistic at all but people are basing the past performances of Khan to relate to this completely different scenario.
                  Actually this is one of those rare fights that Khan fans and non-Khan fans both agree his chances of winning are slim; without being rude to one another. IMHO, It's a mismatch, but an interesting fight nonetheless.

Comment

Even if Canelo was at welter he would win this fight.

Of course, Khan can give anyone trouble with his hand and foot speed, and i wont be at all surprised if he wins a couple of rounds, but Canelo will find his mark and fold Khan like a lawn chair when he does.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                      No.. The guy couldn't handle Danny Garcia past 4 rounds wtf is he gonna do to canelo. All this bs talk about oh me chin is better at me natural weight is bollocks
                      Styles make fights, triangle theories have never been a good barometer. I.e Frazier-Foreman-Ali

Comment

Working...
                      X