Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Haha that would have been hilarious.

Yeah, it's horrible Really poorly done.

It's just on an screen thing, or atleast he wasn't acting like he does on TV at all.

And it's not even like he was on his own, he was with Sam Watson and a group of his friends and I was by myself so you'd expect him to be playing up abit infront of all of those.
    How do you meet all these fighters? Do you find out where they're staying or show up at press conferences or something?

Comment

well thats sad

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        How do you meet all these fighters? Do you find out where they're staying or show up at press conferences or something?
        I was staying at the MGM Grand and I literally bumped into every single fighter I met out there out of chance.

The fighters and fight people are always out and about at the MGM on a regular basis and a lot of them stay there.

Comment

So it's a benefit of living in Vegas, I guess. Kind of like knowing you'll run into a lot of celebrities if you live in LA or Hollywood.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            So it's a benefit of living in Vegas, I guess. Kind of like knowing you'll run into a lot of celebrities if you live in LA or Hollywood.
            I don't live in Vegas I live in the UK I was just in Vegas for the Mayweather fight.

Comment

So a benefit of visiting Vegas on fight week or fight night then. How many days you usually stay there before a fight?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                I can't stand people like that. It's funny because as much as a lot of people hate Floyd Mayweather jr, he was one of the nicest boxing celebrities I've ever met. I talked to Mayweather jr on three different occasions and he took the time to talk to everybody who approached him from what I saw. It was the same when I met Angelo Dundee and Sugar Ray Leonard. Both nice without a hint of arrogance or dismissive attitude. I've also heard that Pernel Whitaker is a prick to people like Hearns apparently.
                Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I've met Floyd twice and he was real nice both times.

I met him over here in London back in 2009 and he stayed at the gym hours after he was supposed to to take pictures and sign autographs.

Then in 2010 in Vegas for the Mosley fight. Mosley came out for 5 minutes, did an interview with the press then left. Floyd stayed there for over an hour signing autographs.

Then for the Guererro fight, the same thing. Guererro came out for 5 minutes to do an interview then Floyd stayed for well over an hour.

And he's the star.

Each time I've seen or spoken to him he's been polite, respectful and just a nice guy.

Adrien Broner was the same as crazy as that sounds. I met him a few weeks ago in Vegas.
                These posts are eye opening.

The guys with huge followings cater to people and are willing to entertain.

Then you have others who do the bare minimum and simply see it as I'm a fighter my job is to only fight.

Comment

The guys you see in Vegas are getting paid as "Greeters"! Expugs always have a gig in Vegas to meet and greet the fans, it gets old and tiresome but its one way to earn off your past reputation! Been going on since Vegas hosted fights! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    The guys you see in Vegas are getting paid as "Greeters"! Expugs always have a gig in Vegas to meet and greet the fans, it gets old and tiresome but its one way to earn off your past reputation! Been going on since Vegas hosted fights! Ray.

adrian broner and his crew of flunkies aren't getting paid as "greeters."

hearns might be doing this, but it's really not out of the question to see a fighter hanging out in a hotel lobby during the weekend of a big fight.

i don't get to vegas, but i'm at a lot of the big fights in CT and new york, and i see fighters shooting the breeze with fans all the time. most active fighters are very approachable, and they love the attention. i don't need to tell you that, ray, but i want to make sure we're properly representing the fighters.

to the guys in the thread:
                    if you see a boxer in public and he doesn't look explicitly busy (with his family, eating dinner, etc) i always suggest talking to him. most of them really appreciate the fans, and they love the attention. worst case scenario is that he's a bit rude, and then you call him out on the bscene

Comment

Only fighters i had the chance to talk to but chose not to were Calzaghe and Eamon Mgee! Mgee was on his own standing in the reception area of the MEN Arena years back and he just looked mean as fuck, his face had piss off written all over it so i thought id leave him be lol! Joe? I was Not interested....

Comment

Working...
                      X