Collapse
No announcement yet.

Omar Henry diagnosed with Cancer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removal of the gall bladder is a complicated surgery but most patients live well afterwards. The real problem lies within whether or not his cancer has spread to surrounding organs.

Cancer of the liver is brutal. My uncle has had it for about a year now and he keeps going back to have portions of it cut out every few months.

Comment

Anyone getting cancer sucks, but a young athletic guy getting cut down in their physical prime like that is even more tragic. I hope he can recover and live for a long time yet.

Comment

Praying for the young man!

Comment

This is kind of sobering for me. I used to do a lot of design work for Omar back when Myspace was still poppin. I designed his page and other stuff he would ask for. We would occasional chat and bull**** and he even met some of my own friends. All this before the Lindsay Lohan/Paris Hilton/Top Rank drama bull****. After that started happening, we just lost contact even though he's on my FB. Best wishes for him.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            This is kind of sobering for me. I used to do a lot of design work for Omar back when Myspace was still poppin. I designed his page and other stuff he would ask for. We would occasional chat and bull**** and he even met some of my own friends. All this before the Lindsay Lohan/Paris Hilton/Top Rank drama bull****. After that started happening, we just lost contact even though he's on my FB. Best wishes for him.
            Yeah, I remember when you were doing all of that...

Comment

Prayers to him! A psychologist told me that "fighters" are the ones who have the best chance against cancer. Basically because they're fighters and don't give up easily (mentally and physically). Wish Omar all the best.

Comment

Updates??????

Comment

Man this is sad, I hope and pray he recovers. Didn't Omar say he complained of soreness in the body that was lingering even after sparring? He must have thought that was just from sparring and it would go away but it didn't. Anyone know if getting hit to the body a lot in sparring could have caused this?

I remember him saying he went to the doctor to get gall stones removed? some people get those removed and they are okay, but to find out it was cancer, man this is horrible. I really hope he overcomes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    "Hopefully Thursday, everything is okay and when I wake up, I'll know exactly what's going on and the cancer will be gone. They said 'm going to wake up with tubes in my mouth and 'll be really out of it. I will find out tomorrow if I'm free of the cancer, or if I won't be here to see 2013. That's what they told me. Life and death has never come so close, especially since I was so close to the top and being close to the top of my career. I was about to headline Showtime at 25 years old, in the prime of my career. Now, I could literally be dead tomorrow"

http://ow.ly/g4ldK
                    That's one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever heard.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...d=175963527437

^^^ This is the latest. Once they open you up, they know how much it's spread. If "the fight is still in", that doesn't sound like good news.

Comment

Working...
                      X