Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why all the hate for Guerrero? Did you think Aydin won the fight or what?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont hate Guerrero, just his recent assault on higher class comp. Maidana was gonna be his toughest and biggest fight before injuring his shoulder. Prioor to that, there was nothing truly impressive about him. He has decent accomplishments but a weak resume. My biggest issue is, how in the fock did Aydin wait 3 years for a title shot but this dude talks his way into one from 2 weight classes below and coming off an injury and 15 months off???? How is that respectable?

Comment

These guys are just mad because they all predicted a KO by mini Tyson and that the Ghost had bitten off more than he could chew. No big names wanted to fight Aydin and the Ghost stepped up to the challenge.

Comment

15 month layoffs mess with fighters, they are not going to look great coming off one, especially moving up in weight. He proved he can handle welterweight strength and power, and that's what he needed to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by RICH SPANIARD. View Post
          The "Ghost" is a bum.

He won the fight, but I wasn't impressed with what he did. Should go to 140 imo.
          Yet Aydin was able to beat 24 other guys that weren't "bums" and KO most of them, why not this "bum"

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            15 month layoffs mess with fighters, they are not going to look great coming off one, especially moving up in weight. He proved he can handle welterweight strength and power, and that's what he needed to prove.
            exactly......

Comment

My view: The Clear "Boxing" Winner was Robert, he won the first half of the fight because of his activity and he threw/landed a bunch more punches.

But real talk? Robert lost the fight, Aydin landed the harder shots, the cleaner shots and he hurt Robert a few times. Just look at their faces at the end. What Robert did was Devon Alexander it, just run around and clinch and hold on for dear life while pitter patting his opponent with punches that wouldnt hurt a sheep.

in a Boxing sense Robert won, but I doubt he would look at Aydin in the eye on the street, he would get his ass whooped in a REAL fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                My view: The Clear "Boxing" Winner was Robert, he won the first half of the fight because of his activity and he threw/landed a bunch more punches.

But real talk? Robert lost the fight, Aydin landed the harder shots, the cleaner shots and he hurt Robert a few times. Just look at their faces at the end. What Robert did was Devon Alexander it, just run around and clinch and hold on for dear life while pitter patting his opponent with punches that wouldnt hurt a sheep.

in a Boxing sense Robert won, but I doubt he would look at Aydin in the eye on the street, he would get his ass whooped in a REAL fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post

Lucky for him, it was a boxing match, and not a street fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    Guerrero didn't look as sharp but that was to be expected and in my opinion has nothing to do with the weight. Personally he filled in pretty well at '47, what he has to do is stay busier, I expect him to look like the old Ghost in his next fight. The rust was clearly there, rarely does Guerrero ever tire or paw with his jab, he's known to throw hard crisp shots going into the late rounds. People should definitely cut him some slack.
                    Exactly... Boxing fans r pathetic... No loyalty...

No one's saying he's the second coming of Christ, but to just immediately write him off after a clear, albeit hard-fought victory? A 15 month layoff, Shoulder surgery, and a jump up in weight... U didn't expect ring rust?

Comment

Guerrero won the fight, but let's be honest. Aydin was quite rough. All he really had was the ability to keep coming forward, with a solid chin, and throw hooks. It was pretty one dimensional, yet the Ghost didn't walk through him the way he would have a few division South.

Robert isn't garbage, he's a very solid fighter, but based on what I saw he's not as effective at 147 - by no means.

Aydin put his cards on the table early and the Ghost I've seen in the past would've had a bigger toolset to work with in adjusting; but at welterweight I think his pop is less, his stamina needs to be conserved a bit more, and he's got to be careful with the shots he's taking....

That said, it's only one fight at the weight after a lay off and a big jump up...

I'd give him another fight to acclimate; but I don't see him being a huge force at 147 at this point; I can see him winning a fight on points that he gets stopped in down the line here....

Comment

Working...
                      X