Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Hbo always overrate and force fighters like Russel and Berto on us?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Hbo always overrate and force fighters like Russel and Berto on us?

It seems like they go out of their way to convince us to see something that is not there.

Why must they always push the same kind of thing down our throats?

Haven't they learned anything from the departure of Ross Greenburg? Its like they still want to follow a formula of failure. Pushing the same kind of fighters that destroyed the network and ruined their good standing in the boxing community.

Frankly, i was disgusted about how they are trying to push Berto through.

Everything, from fight predictions to the final words, was on Berto's side. I have no clue why either, becouse Zaveck was not the worse fighter in this fight. Maybe on the paper, but he has shown that he can cope with Berto, with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
      It seems like they go out of their way to convince us to see something that is not there.

Why must they always push the same kind of thing down our throats?

Haven't they learned anything from the departure of Ross Greenburg? Its like they still want to follow a formula of failure. Pushing the same kind of fighters that destroyed the network and ruined their good standing in the boxing community.
      Well the 2 clowns of the sport are on their way out, so they have to start showing the next generation.

Comment

Apparently it's Al Haymon... That's what ruins boxing.. Guys like Al Haymon and Bob Arum. HBO makes it even worse for going along wit the bs.

Comment

Because of Al Haymon. They want to create superstars and a lot of young fighters sign exclusive deals with Al Haymon productions who then convinces HBO to put them on.

Comment

Idk, now but there gonna overpay both of them millions of dollars.
            Hbo only overpays black fighters and yet they dont bring ratings to hbo
            or bring fans either.

Comment

al haymon and the floyd mayweather factor...........

Comment

Definitely felt Russel was getting pushed hard. Never even heard of the dude and they were already planning out his pound for pound future, lol. Dude was fighting a slow ass overmatched nobody with the perfect style for him too.

Berto, I think, deserves at least a little credit. He's a good fighter, just not amazing.

In both cases, the commentators were at least dishing out some criticism and doubts, so whatever. I honestly think they get orders from the top to hype up certain fighters.

Comment

did you guys not enjoy the fights last night?

why does it matter what HBO is paying them?

the commentary was dickriderish but thats nothing new

Comment

I can understand you being upset with Berto but Russell?

He seems humble enough and he's still pretty green.

He shows great skills, power, and speed but his durability is a question mark.

Have a little patience time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                    X