Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why isnt chad dawson getting calzaghe hate for chasing 40 year olds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
    Were you dropped on your head as a child?
    Did Calzaghe rape your mother?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Andre View Post
      Did Calzaghe rape your mother?

Pretty sure if he did yours, you'd be highfiving him.

Comment

And Dawson isn't the only guy that Calzaghe has to fight. I'd settle for Adamek, Ward, Bute, Abraham. Anybody that's not got one foot in retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
          chad dawson has beat shot tarver twice and glen johnson....now people want him to fight hopkins even tho he needs to fight cloud.....please explain....
          Because those 40 year olds are not shot.Calzage win over hops was against a fighter who was old but still a good fighter.But that fight was too close for comfort.His win Over Jones was against a Jones who was shot.

Dawson beat a past his Prime but still dangerous Tarver and old but still very good Glen Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            Because these 40 year olds are the best biggest name in his division you moron. Was RJJ the biggest name in the LHW division when Calzaghe fougth him? ****outtahere
            so much anger....yes jones was he did 500k ppv before he fought calzaghe....dawson was doing shobox....

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
              i dont know why calzaghe got hate when he was 36-37 and fought hopkins 43 and roy 39...dawson is ****ing 27 just fought 4 fights in a row with the same 2 40 year olds now he's chasing a 45 year old hopkins..thats sad as hell..fight cloud,pascal..or another prime 175 pound fighter
              He`s chasing A 43,44 year old Hopkins for the same reason any fighter in his position would do it for:For name recognition,Money and legacy.Its not Like Hopkins is shot.Hopkins is still on top of his game and is coming off a win over Kelly Pavlik and a journeyman.Cloud,bute and Pascal are not going anywhere unless they lose the belts.Who ever has the belts could wait, Chad is still young.

Comment

Pretty sure if he did yours, you'd be highfiving him.

Comment

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
                  Because those 40 year olds are not shot.Calzage win over hops was against a fighter who was old but still a good fighter.But that fight was too close for comfort.His win Over Jones was against a Jones who was shot.

Dawson beat a past his Prime but still dangerous Tarver and old but still very good Glen Johnson.
                  tarver was not at all dangerous vs dawson, he lookd like **** against murqi....

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
                    its the truth..he's spent the last 2 years fighting 40 year olds and now is chasing the oldest one of them all in hopkins

Arguably the best fighters in the division though.Don`t let their age deceive you.

Comment

Originally posted by USA_Pugilist View Post
                      calzaghe gets hate because he fights and wins like a *****...slapping.
                      Hits like a *****? How many KO's does Dawson have, how many does Joe have? Joe does slap but between the two Dawson is the one who hits like a *****. Joe can hurt guys when he wants to.

he was contractually obligated to rematch Tarver. Everyone was crying for a Dawson rematch. When it comes to Chad, its damn if you do, damn if you dont.
                      Oversight on my part. You're right, i'm wrong.

Originally posted by Xcusemymood View Post
                      Rematch clause. Pretty simple to see. Plus HBO sanctioned the rematch for like 3 or 4 million? What do you expect? Write a letter to the ethics committee for gods sake.
                      Same as above, you're right i'm wrong.

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
                      your obviously a clueless ****** just spouting a bunch of ******ed **** from your ******ed perspective, everything is against the europeans, everyone is against the europeans? shut the **** up, im european
                      it has more to do that no one is claiming chad dawson as an ATG and no one is claiming his best win is against a 40 year old, chad has already accomplished more than calzaghe in fact, he's fought adamek, which is twice the fighter kessler ever was and has achieved more already

he had to rematch tarver, it was in the contract, he did'nt want to fight johnson again but ******s like you who cant score a fight made it happen

atleast he rematched the 40 year old and won clearly, calzaghe just got by with a SD and never reedemed himself, dawson gave johnson a rematch after a UD, jones gave tarver a rematch after a MD

but Mr. im gonna face the number 1 lightheavyweight and barely squeeze out a win then fight someone not even ranked in the top 10 to retire on.
                      and dawson wants hopkins because he's for some reason ranked above him
                      I'm not a Calzaghe fanboy, though i am a fan. I also have no problem admitting when i'm wrong, above as example. But the fact you're foaming out them mouth just demonstrates how soft your mouth is for Dawson's ****. Go **** yourself.

As mentioned on here already its about Money and Marketing. Like most instances, the majority of the boxing public can be fooled into think a Tarver-Dawson fight means something just like Floyd-De La Hoya.

Now doing it for a payday, okay. Doing it for a couple years, dropping belts and avoiding mandatories, while perhaps a smart business decision, shows he isn't as hungry as alot of true fans are hoping for when looking at a talented young champ.

Until he fight Cloud, Pascal/Diaconu he doesn't top 175 and people shouldn't be shocked at criticism.

Comment

Working...
                      X