Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux Technical Discussion (I'm Putting You on the Spot)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
    Dude, you are right, Rigondeaux is better than Jones, John, and Raheem. He'd beat Morales even if Morales made him wear the pillow like Winning gloves which is the only reason that Morales won some of his fights.
    Good luck convincing anyone of that, Morales' chin, feints, lead right in my opinion would have been too much for Rigondeaux.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      Good luck convincing anyone of that, Morales' chin, feints, lead right in my opinion would have been too much for Rigondeaux.
      It's all opinion man, we're speaking hypotheticals and fantasy match ups. That being said, I don't think Morales would have beaten Juan Guzman at any weight below 140

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
        It's all opinion man, we're speaking hypotheticals and fantasy match ups. That being said, I don't think Morales would have beaten Juan Guzman at any weight below 140
        That's one guy that really disappointed me, that's the last guy I'd want to talk about man

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post

You just made that up.
          Not at all. Actually the majority of the writers covering the fight favored Whitaker

According to a Las Vegas Review-Journal poll of writers who covered the fight, 14 scored it for Whitaker, 11 for De La Hoya, and one scored it a draw.
          That fight could've gone either way

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
            Wlad never got dropped? Lol

I'm clearly wasting my time with you. Study the game please, some people in this thread, including op, have respectable opinions, but you're one of these people who don't just don't know what they're looking at but will never admit it.

You just made that up.
            It's hilarious that you would accuse me of making that up when every ridiculous statement said in this thread has come from you. I'm not gonna name call or anything but it's quite obvious you haven't seen it because the best thing Whitaker had going for him against Oscar was the fuckin' jab.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              some woulda had more answers but some fighters that present some styles chose not to fight him at all...

with that being said, didn't he have like over 300 ams fights? So im sure he's seen plenty of styles there even tho you know theyre 4 rounders etc.
              We bash Golovkin groupies for making the same excuses about being ducked all the time. When push comes to shove, we can only go by what we see in the ring.

I love the Ring God put comparing him to the likes of Pernell Whitaker, Roberto Duran and Floyd Mayweather is flat out disrespectful.

Comment

I think Rigo is great. He has never even come close to losing a fight. He is not just a great boxer. He is one of the best and hardest body punchers in the sport. Make him exactly the same fighting weight as Whitaker and both in their prime and I'll pick Rigo to win.He beat Donaire by a mile when Donaire was on a reign of terror and rated a top 5 pound for pound fighter. As far has him not defeating more good fighters goes he has the same problem GGG has. Most of the best fighters his weight refuse to fight him. There is no law that says you have to like him. That's your choice. To me he is an all time great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                  We bash Golovkin groupies for making the same excuses about being ducked all the time. When push comes to shove, we can only go by what we see in the ring.

I love the Ring God put comparing him to the likes of Pernell Whitaker, Roberto Duran and Floyd Mayweather is flat out disrespectful.
                  word I agree there can't give him credit for beating imaginary foes... gotta beat them in the ring.

Comment

The only thing I never liked about the him being so skilled argument is when he may have needed to go up to get some fights he didn't. he is not a big guy, but if the guy is this amazing craftsman he can get the job done at 1 class beyond his real size especially in the low weights.

he would obviously be disadvantaged a bit being the smaller guy, but if you want to talk about ripping out jaws, maybe try to rip out the jaw of someone a bit bigger~

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post

Is that how it works then? If you like Mayweather or Whitaker or any of your favorites your an intelligent fan. But shame on the fans who love GGG and Rigo. They are just groupies. I go by what I see in the ring too. When I watch GGG and Rigo fight I love what I see.

Comment

Working...
                      X