No announcement yet.

Takam is the hero of the night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    I was so pissed off last night when he didn't get the nod. He beat Perez all over the ring....such a disgrace.
    I take it you didn't back the draw then math?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Yeah man, he just doesn't have it inside anymore. He landed almost every time he threw a punch but he just stood there using the Mosley tactic when all he had to do was throw a damn jab or two, side step and repeat all night. He must have been having flashbacks of the Froch stoppage or something because technically and stylistically, Pascal was tailor made for him. He never followed up once he did land a flush punch and he let Pascal dictate the fight when Pascal was doing the same thing time and time again. All dude had to do was throw the straight left when Pascal attempted that wide looping right and he would have countered him successfully every time and halted his flurry attempt right there.

It's time for Bute to hang the gloves up because he is in a business of landing punches on the other man and if you are afraid to let your hands go, then you are out of a job.
      That's how I feel, he just doesn't have that killer instinct anymore. He fought scared, overcautious. And just like you said, he threw 1-2 punches and then stared for the next 30 seconds until doing the same thing again. He was using so much energy moving his upper body and going forward yet doing nothing at all. He had so many chances to counter and catch Pascal off balance, it was so frustrating to watch... eh?

Interesting thing is, I still firmly believe he is more skilled and could have beat Pascal last night if he would have actually tried. I agree with you last statement, hang them up if you're not willing to engage. I also hated how he stood behind Pascal holding his hands up, what a weak little sissy.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
        I was jumping like crazy during that 12th round losing all kinds of composure.. "Come on, KILL HIIIIM!! KIIILL tHAT MOTHER****ER!" "WHAAT!!" I was even doing the hand gestures to Bute to come forward as if he was seeing me.

And I think Perez is mentally not right after what happened with Mago... He is scared of the same thing happening to himself or another opponent. It's a scarring experience that has a lasting impact on you. You changed another's man's life forever for the worse... and even though it wasn't intentionally and it is part of the sport, that is probably how he sees it and with good reason.
        LOL, you sound like me man I was looking up at my TV telling Bute, "right there man, he is just waiting for you to hit him with the jab, there it is, there it is, just hit him. He is a bum compared to you, he doesn't deserve to share the rig with you .....COME ON, this isn't Froch man, come on!!!"

Comment

Takam did make a name for himself last night for sure.

Comment

Takam won that fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              I take it you didn't back the draw then math?
              No, I thought Takam took the 3rd and I had the 4th a draw. Beyond that, I had Takam dominating 5-10 and Perez winning the 1st and 2nd. Even if you gave the 4th to Perez, Takam still won by what, 4 rounds on my card?

He controlled the distance, pace, and landed the much harder shots. He also nearly dropped Perez in the 10th.....no way in hell can I see that as an even fight, especially with Perez being as much as a 10:1 favorite to win coming in.

Comment

Working...
              X