Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios, Barrera Could Land on Cotto-Margarito on July 16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought they meant they would be fighting each other on the undercard. Both of them fighting other opponents sucks because they will be set-up fights and then we will have to wait another three months for the them to get it on, which puts their fight against each other around October. I don't care to see Rios annihilate Barrera but I don't want to wait until 2012 to see him take on another strong opponent. I hope this doesn't happen and Rios fights Barrera next, get's him out of the way and we can see him against another beast around October instead...

Comment

A win for rios does nothing for his carreer at this point. Barrera is shot out and is not a worthy opponent anymore. Nothing to brag about for rios if he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Lac'em up View Post
        A win for rios does nothing for his carreer at this point. Barrera is shot out and is not a worthy opponent anymore. Nothing to brag about for rios if he wins.
        not true necessarily.

a win over barrera gives him name recognition with fans.

it'll help him step up to the next level.

look back at some of the recent fighters who fought a past prime opponent with a big name.

once they got that win and people knew them , that's when they started fighting better opponents because big fights are now marketable.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
          Why? Who wants to see Barrera fight Rios or Morales fight Maidana? Nobody, they had their time, move on to golf and checkers.
          The fights are going to happen, cant blame the young fighters for taking an easy name on the resume and a big paycheck. This is probably what its gonna take to get Marco and Erik to retire: vicious, embarrassing beatings.

Comment

i see the baby face assassin teaching rios real boxing lessons...

Comment

**** that. Give me Rios-Ortiz.

Comment

Why would anyone want to see Rios versus MAB in 2011? It just doesn't make any sense.
                Last edited by V.WEBB; 03-04-2011, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X