Virgil Hunter training Khan to avoid the left hook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgil Hunter training Khan to avoid the left hook

http://instagram.com/p/kRJcgngnlX/

Khan has a habit of dropping that right hand and getting countered by a left hook. Good job by hunter teaching this kid to keep that hand up! However, I feel like Khan has been looking a bit weaker (physically) working with Hunter. He's not sitting much on his punches. I like what I see so far, but lets see if those bad habits kick in during a fight.

That would have been a huge issue against Mayweather from 2005 or 2006. Not so much anymore. Mayweather's really stopped with the left hook since coming back.

Still, it's a good thing to teach. Khan just needs to make sure he learns.

Comment

HE will still probably get KO'ed by a left hook right hand lol

Comment

Can he teach him the iron jaw while he's at it.

Comment

Now I'm not saying that this will win him the fight but this simple adjustment can do wonders for him lol. If there is anything khan can do to trouble Floyd it would be his jab. There is no way Khan can KO Floyd. If the same Khan that fought Maidana shows up we might have a barn burner.

Comment

Yeah well by the looks of the molina and diaz fights its not sinking in.

Khan is always going to have this problem.

Comment

That's the thing about Floyd, if you guard against the left hook he'll get you with the right hand. Or if you guard both of those then here comes the uppercut.

The guy is multi dimensional and will figure out a way to beat you no matter what you do. He's got levels that he hasn't even had to access yet because no one up to this point has pushed him to go to that next gear.

Comment

Hunter should stop looking at the camera and focus on what Khan is doing. You see where his guard is towards the end of that video? Floyd easily sneaks a hook behind that like he's done so many times.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Virgil cant do anything for his brittle china chin though

Comment

Working...
                  X