Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you like to see Brook fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    He said he wants to get back in with the big fights. Also, i doubt he goes back down to 147.

So assuming it's 154, who would you like to see him in with?
    The simple answer is someone like Brian Rose; not a top-level guy, but a solid 154 fighter, with enough of a name in the UK for Brook's return to be on Sky Box Office (to gauge what his star power is looking like in the aftermath of the Golovkin build-up).

If he gets through that in good form (depending on what that PPV number looked like), I'd consider taking Brook on the road for a fight (if the PPV number ended up being really good, I'd bring over a guy like "K9" Bundrage, Ishe Smith (if he wins his next fight/s) or Austin Trout, to put forward a fight that could be picked up for live matinee airing in the US).

With those two out of the way (not sure how serious Brian Rose still is, as an opponent, but 2 fights in 4 months doesn't seem outlandish to me), you book Brook for the biggest fight you can get him Alvarez/Cotto or you see if he can get a title shot.

Comment

One of haymons boys. Doesn't deserve canelo

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Brook is probably a fight away from retirement

He'll be out of the ring for a year, then come back fight a bum, and then fight someone with a pulse

However i have this feeling we might never see him in the ring again

That was one brutal beating he took
        ^^^lol, look at this guy.

Brook gets nailed by one damaging shot (whenever it was the shot that Golovkin landed that cracked the eye socket changed the fight), and folks like you try to spin that into some foolish narrative of Golovkin simply beating on Brook for five rounds.

Brook was up 3-1 on two cards, with the fight 2-2 on the last card; if you want to call that an utter beating, you're alone

Comment

Spence would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            The simple answer is someone like Brian Rose; not a top-level guy, but a solid 154 fighter, with enough of a name in the UK for Brook's return to be on Sky Box Office (to gauge what his star power is looking like in the aftermath of the Golovkin build-up).
            Not sure it would be Rose, but i do think his next fight will be on PPV. Hearn will feel he did well enough in the fight to remain a PPV fighter.

Once you break into the PPV market, Hearn isn't going to want to drop him back down to Sky Sports 1. Like Joshua, he will now be PPV regardless of who he fights. I reckon Hearn is hoping this fight has put Brook in that market now so yeah, i think next fight they will make a PPV to gauge where he's at as you said.

If it does alright, then Brook will fight on PPV but i think his level of competition will need to be higher than Joshua to maintain it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
              Miguel Cotto

Comment

If he really wants to go big, a titlist at 154 would be great. I would love to see Lara vs Brook. Not realistic tho, I know...

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  ^^^lol, look at this guy.

Brook gets nailed by one damaging shot (whenever it was the shot that Golovkin landed that cracked the eye socket changed the fight), and folks like you try to spin that into some foolish narrative of Golovkin simply beating on Brook for five rounds.

Brook was up 3-1 on two cards, with the fight 2-2 on the last card; if you want to call that an utter beating, you're alone
                  Don't worry about him. His hate stems from being a Khan fan/Brook hater. Nothing to do with Golovkin.

But i do agree Brook took some punishment last night more than people realise or would have. He can and will fight on for sure, not retire.

Comment

A fight with Spence is too risky for him, a fight with Khan is too risky for both, more for Khan, so probably i would like to see him against someone like Garcia or Peterson, but i don't know if Brook would fight in pbc.

Comment

I'd like to see a Khan-Brook fight to see the UK domestic banter and fuckery on here.

Brook by highlight reel KO.

Comment

Working...
                      X