Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prince Naseem Hamed: Floyd Mayweather Jr Asked My Advice On How To Get Paid In Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Champions View Post
    I don't believe a word of it.

Floyd is American with far more role models to look to...no need asking some arab or whatever he is.
    Not sure what race/ethnicity has to do with it? Are you suggesting that Americans are only influenced by Americans, Brits only by Brits etc? That idea is a bit 17th century.

Floyd saw Naz was successfully penetrating the US Market and was naturally curious how he, as a Brit, was able to do that. He saw that Naz' was a boisterous, outspoken character and he realized that it helped draw attention to him. You got to remember, Naz was hated by a lot of people during his reign because of his persona - just like Floyd, a lot of people wanted to see Naz lose.

Comment

[QUOTE=mannyman;15725046]
      Originally posted by FlatLine View Post

Floyd was nicknamed Pretty Boy because of his defence - after fights he never had a mark on his face. Not because of his looks.
      That's partly true, but also it comes from Charles "Pretty Boy" Floyd the bank robber. I'm just saying that "Pretty Boy" obviously has a double-meaning - 1. the defensive prowess, and 2. the ability to maintain your "pretty boy" looks because of your skills.

Comment

Originally posted by The Champions View Post
        I don't believe a word of it.

Floyd is American with far more role models to look to...no need asking some arab or whatever he is.
        Prince Naseem was given one of the largest and most lucrative HBO contracts ever at the time. He was making obscene money. Most Yanks were envious of how much he was getting - Kevin Kelley made reference to it. He was making far more than Floyd at the time.

Comment

War prince. He's the first fighter I remember watching

Comment

Working...
          X