Im sorry Old school fighters are not automatically the best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry sees the world through the eyes of a child :chuckle9:

Comment

• Haha wow, this thread is really 30 pages long.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Lol..I'm just imagining the guy in Larry's sig fighting somebody today.
        That's part of the problem. Too many people are fooled by appearances and go with whatever looks impressive and easy to relate to . P eople who rail hard in either direction aren't being honest with themselves. I used to think that modern fighters were somehow more advanced but the longer I train and study the sport, the more I realize how good some of the past greats really were. You can't ignore modern or past generations, not in this sport.

Comment

• nice troll bait, Larry

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Ruby View Post
            I would pick Pacquiao over Armstrong in a hearbeat. Armstrong was slow as hell and only fought handpicked opponents that stood right in front of him.

Ceferino Garcia is considered one of his "tough" fights but all Garcia did was play tough guy and stand toe to toe with him all night.

Barney Ross aka Dov-Ber "Beryl" David Rosofsky was a mob guy with ties to Capone who probably got more gifts than a little girl on her 5th birthday because from watching his fights he's overrated as hell.

You watch his fight with Armstrong and he is total garbage. The history nerds claim he was shot, but he was only around 30, lol.
            How do you handpick your way to winning three undisputed titles in 3 weight divisions?????

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx1950 View Post
              Floyd Mayweather would take SRR to school and back

Manny would ass rape Lamotta

Roy Jones would be 300-0 if he fought in that era and do a concert after every damn fight
              300-0, a guy with a glass jaw, put the pipe down, Roy was scared of Nigel Benn, got KO'd by Tarver and Johnson, hand picked opponents (he would have had to fight everyone and he would have got KO'd, just like now).

Those fighters fought 10-20 times a year, for 15 rounds and didn't have steroids. I would bet that SRR would be able to beat Floyd over 15 (Jose Luis Castillo was killing Floyd to the body(135LB fighter).

Comment

• Hate to break it to ya but RJJ, Floyd, Bhop are old schoolers themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  I don't think its a troll post, I agree with him personally though I'd say Gatti was more technically able. I think LaMotta was a poor mans Rios
                  WTF? LaMotta was good enough to have an enthralling, competitive series of fights with possibly the GOAT

Comment

• LOL there are a lot of idiots on this website.
                    Last edited by EdMon917; 05-23-2012, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Get em' Larry!!

Comment

Working...
                      X