No announcement yet.

New equipment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New equipment

Hi guys.i just joined last night and i wanted to introduce myself first.

Ive been at my gym for some time now and i thought it was time for some new equipment.ive been using the everlast "high performance"headgear.i feel like i barely have any protection lol.so i bought an everlast full coverage headgear.i am not going to use it because it doesnt fit me.so i bought the fighting tritech headgear.ive been reading that it isnt the same as the winning,but i figured at least it has to be better than what i have now lol.i was going to go with a grant or reyes pro headgear but i dont have the cash right now.is anyone out there using this headgear?

There a thousands of headgears out there that are very good and they cost like 50-80 bucks. Dont waste your money on Cleto or Winning headgear, there is hardly any difference. Especially not when you consider the price. Pros dont even use them.

If the fit is good, if the head gear is made of genuine leather and if it gives you good protection (ears, cheeks, maybe nose) and if its around 50-80 bucks go get it. Dont bother with the logo and whether it says Winning or not. Winning has some ****ty head gear, they also have some good ones. It all depends.

Comment

I prefer the thinner headgears out there just because they make your head a smaller target, and my head is big enough as it is lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
        There a thousands of headgears out there that are very good and they cost like 50-80 bucks. Dont waste your money on Cleto or Winning headgear, there is hardly any difference. Especially not when you consider the price. Pros dont even use them.

If the fit is good, if the head gear is made of genuine leather and if it gives you good protection (ears, cheeks, maybe nose) and if its around 50-80 bucks go get it. Dont bother with the logo and whether it says Winning or not. Winning has some ****ty head gear, they also have some good ones. It all depends.
        You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Please don't post and give ****ty advice unless you do. There is a huge difference in headgear from the $50 range to Winning. BTW, Headgear being leather has nothing to do with it it. Winning headgear isn't even leather and it's the best headgear you can get. Unlike Everlast, ALL of winnings headgear is top of the line. Please don't give false advice and steer people in the wrong direction.

Comment

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
          You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Please don't post and give ****ty advice unless you do. There is a huge difference in headgear from the $50 range to Winning. BTW, Headgear being leather has nothing to do with it it. Winning headgear isn't even leather and it's the best headgear you can get. Unlike Everlast, ALL of winnings headgear is top of the line. Please don't give false advice and steer people in the wrong direction.
          you dont know **** about anything. come back when you actually have worn or bought a winning head gear, let alone all their products, that you would claim everything is "top of the line". you can even see in some of the reviews on youtube and ratemygear that it is not. so shut up and dont act like you know anything. go buy some headgear made of synth. leather since it doesn't matter. you're some piece of work man

Comment

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
            You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Please don't post and give ****ty advice unless you do.
            So... If you know what you're talking about you can give ****ty advice?

Comment

i have 2 winning headgears, have used everlast, cleto, main event, title, fighting

winning headgear AND gloves are the best out there. they don't slide and fit snugly. the foam is miles above any other gear that i've tried.

the ONLY one that may compare to them is grant, and guess what, they'r enowhere near 50-80 bucks

no headgear nor gloves under $100 compare to winning nor grant. like another poster said, stop talking like you know anything, because the **** you spew in here might confuse new posters into buying low quality headgears. you know, those in the 50 dollars price range you recommend

BTW, you say pros don't use winning? the ones i remember: morales, barrera, cotto, pacquiao, mosley, donaire, margarito, vazquez, marquez brothers, de la hoya, montiel, forrest (RIP), vargas, judah, tarver, floyd, arreola. ALL of those pro's use winning gear, ALL of them highly ranked boxers

there's enough bad posters in the training and nutrition forum already, sorry

Comment

you dont know **** about anything. come back when you actually have worn or bought a winning head gear, let alone all their products, that you would claim everything is "top of the line". you can even see in some of the reviews on youtube and ratemygear that it is not. so shut up and dont act like you know anything. go buy some headgear made of synth. leather since it doesn't matter. you're some piece of work man
                so your opinion is based on the opinion of another guy? lol you're putting down gear that you haven't even tried?

that's just weak man. even if i were someone who had never tried winning gear, my common sense would be enough to realize that if the best boxers out there protect their moneymakers with that stuff, it's for a reason. you don't see the top boxers using anything other than winning and grant for a reason. pwill, clottey, khan, berto use everlast and adidas because they're their sponsors, although everlast's more expensive gear is pretty good too

to the OP, if you want help in your gear, just let me know the price range you're shooting for and i'll try to help
                Last edited by fdotorres; 03-02-2010, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Hey captain ignorance that just registered last month. Don't give out ****ty advice because someone may actually listen.

Pro's don't use them? Ahahahaha that is hilarious...

Comment

thanks for the help guys,torres,i sent you a pm

Comment

Working...
                    X