This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
    It is definatelly true if Mayweather can take away Manny's left the fights over. Question is how can he do that, Manny just had fantastic practice in preparation for Mayweather against Algieri and Bradeley, together they are truly the best preparation for Mayweather you can have. And he was able to smack that straight left over their heads countless times

Either you're really being a prick, or you need to stick to watching Cristiano pushing Kaka in a stoller.

Comment

would be very interesting to see the aftermath of the fight

Comment

I'd come on here and Pacquiao full credit.

Comment

it will be bye bye TBE ... bye bye P4P#1.

Comment

One poster in this thread already said it.

Pacquiao has had far more practice/preparation for Floyd then Floyd has had for Pacquaio. Bradley/Algiri are not Floyd but they're much closer to it then Maidana/Guerrero/even Cotto.

Pacquiao used to spar with guys like Amir Khan all the time, going at it speed for speed, power for power. His reflexes/instincts are trained and prepared for the speed and movement for Floyd. I can't say the same for Floyd.

Sure, he may well "adjust" after a few rounds, and pick Manny apart but i seriously doubt it. The two Maidana fights have exposed him, whether it's aging or whatever. Floyd made a mistake in waiting for Manny to age and slowdown. Whatever Pacquiao lost in speed (only slightly) he gained in experience and boxing ability. Meanwhile Floyd is the same ol' Floyd, minus a bit slower in footwork and sharpness. Neither guy will get full credit for beating the other, but a WIN IS A WIN, and a loss is a loss, especially if its Floyd at the receiving end of a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
              One poster in this thread already said it.

Pacquiao has had far more practice/preparation for Floyd then Floyd has had for Pacquaio. Bradley/Algiri are not Floyd but they're much closer to it then Maidana/Guerrero/even Cotto.

Pacquiao used to spar with guys like Amir Khan all the time, going at it speed for speed, power for power. His reflexes/instincts are trained and prepared for the speed and movement for Floyd. I can't say the same for Floyd.

Sure, he may well "adjust" after a few rounds, and pick Manny apart but i seriously doubt it. The two Maidana fights have exposed him, whether it's aging or whatever. Floyd made a mistake in waiting for Manny to age and slowdown. Whatever Pacquiao lost in speed (only slightly) he gained in experience and boxing ability. Meanwhile Floyd is the same ol' Floyd, minus a bit slower in footwork and sharpness. Neither guy will get full credit for beating the other, but a WIN IS A WIN, and a loss is a loss, especially if its Floyd at the receiving end of a loss.
              White washing a fence and painting the Ceiling of Sistine Chapel are in essence both painting jobs~ but the experience of the first one has no bearing on the ability to complete task 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                You really think Bradley and Algieri are the perfect preparation for Mayweather. I don't. He's ions better than those two.

Dig deeper my friend. Dig deeper into what he is really saying. CA is a C Level fighter, with A Level stamina and excellent footwork/movement. He was taller than Floyd and his reach was longer than Floyd's. He has fast hands, also. The average boxing fan watch that fight and wasn't impressed. Well, I am a boxing fanatic and I was very impressed with Manny's ability to take away yet another tall opponents reach and what he does well. He took away CA's jab and combination punching. He was very smart in that fight. It's a challenge to fight a moving target, regardless of their level. CA is a trainer away from being a BEAST. Floyd would be in danger of being outpointed against him BUT I think he wins a very tough fight, stylistically. And Bradley has a granite chin, incredible will, he's slick defensively at times, he has legs, and a lot of stamina. He was like the number four P4P fighter in boxing when Manny won the rematch. To outbox and beat both of these fighters takes a high level of skill and "hunger". Manny is highly skilled and very hungry. Not to mention he's 36trs old and outclassing these prime fighters, STILL. Like I said, it takes a fanatic to see beneath the surface to realize just how special Manny truly is. Floyd's a great fighter but there are still questions to be answered about him as a fighter. He hasn't challenged himself in the same way that Manny has over the years. He fights the same type of opponents. This is yet another reason why Manny wins on May 2nd. He's the more versatile fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  White washing a fence and painting the Ceiling of Sistine Chapel are in essence both painting jobs~ but the experience of the first one has no bearing on the ability to complete task 2.
                  Good analogy, but pretty wasted on these boards, I fear.

Comment

It won't happen, Mayweather will not lose to Pacquiao, Flloyd said Pac is a has been who career is over, Floyd is no dummy he knows Pac will be his easiest fight. How can Floyd lose to a washed up has been?

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                      Dig deeper my friend. Dig deeper into what he is really saying. CA is a C Level fighter, with A Level stamina and excellent footwork/movement. He was taller than Floyd and his reach was longer than Floyd's. He has fast hands, also. The average boxing fan watch that fight and wasn't impressed. Well, I am a boxing fanatic and I was very impressed with Manny's ability to take away yet another tall opponents reach and what he does well. He took away CA's jab and combination punching. He was very smart in that fight. It's a challenge to fight a moving target, regardless of their level. CA is a trainer away from being a BEAST. Floyd would be in danger of being outpointed against him BUT I think he wins a very tough fight, stylistically. And Bradley has a granite chin, incredible will, he's slick defensively at times, he has legs, and a lot of stamina. He was like the number four P4P fighter in boxing when Manny won the rematch. To outbox and beat both of these fighters takes a high level of skill and "hunger". Manny is highly skilled and very hungry. Not to mention he's 36trs old and outclassing these prime fighters, STILL. Like I said, it takes a fanatic to see beneath the surface to realize just how special Manny truly is. Floyd's a great fighter but there are still questions to be answered about him as a fighter. He hasn't challenged himself in the same way that Manny has over the years. He fights the same type of opponents. This is yet another reason why Manny wins on May 2nd. He's the more versatile fighter.
                      Please! Chris Algeri possessed no punching power whatsoever, meaning anyone fighting him can work with minimal risk of getting hurt, no matter how they advance on him. Second, Algeri had zero experience of fighting at Manny's level. None, nada, zilch! Third, it was his first time at a higher weight class.

Mayweather is comfortable at the weight and has ventured above 147lbs. His experience at championship level to Algeri's is like a tepee to the Empire State Building in terms of magnitude. Also Mayweather hits deceptively hard. Nowhere near concussive but hard enough to give an opponent pause and make them think before attacking. Also, Algeri may have had physical dimension on Pacquiao, and movement, but zero ability to control range and couldn't counter a kiss if it was blown in his direction. The comparison is ridiculous and I understand that it makes some diehards feel warm and fuzzy inside but it makes no sense and is pretty embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                      X