No announcement yet.

A look back - Tyson's first Japan fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A look back - Tyson's first Japan fight

The young Iron Mike rising to superstardom.

I love watching old Tyson videos on youtube. It's the whole package, 1 hour program with 1 minute fighting, 59 minutes of comedy and soap oper, never boring. It's an unique event.

Also damn you King, moved Tyson to Showtime from HBO after Stewart fight. HBO was sooo much better back then, and it was never really the same after that.
    Last edited by jiopsi; 01-20-2015, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jiopsi View Post
      I love watching old Tyson videos on youtube. It's the whole package, 1 hour program with 1 minute fighting, 59 minutes of comedy and soap oper, never boring. It's an unique event.

Also damn you King, moved Tyson to Showtime from HBO after Stewart fight. HBO was sooo much better back then, and it was never really the same after that.
      It's fun watching the young Tyson, Lampley, Merchant back in the day, and Ray Leonard commentating too. The Japanese went crazy about Mike's visit

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
        It's fun watching the young Tyson, Lampley, Merchant back in the day, and Ray Leonard commentating too. The Japanese went crazy about Mike's visit
        Yeah the whole dynamic between them was absolutely fantastic back then. I think Tyson said the Japan trip was a bit too much him to handle such young age, because the people were so into him.

Comment

Originally posted by jiopsi View Post
          Yeah the whole dynamic between them was absolutely fantastic back then. I think Tyson said the Japan trip was a bit too much him to handle such young age, because the people were so into him.
          He talks about that in the video.

Comment

He talks about that in the video.
            Oh yeah that was it, and who can blame him, 21, baddest man on planet and center of whole World. There was that certain aura that has been missing since from hw-fighting.

Comment

The young Iron Mike rising to superstardom.

this fight just shows how easily Tyson would beat Wladimir... the key to beating Tyson when you're the bigger man is the uppercut..Wlad wouldn't land one right hand the whole fight and that sloppy left hook he used against Pulev would be his own downfall

It might go the distance with Wlads holding and what not but even an inch of an opening close Tyson would explode on him and most likely TKO him... Wlad wouldn't want to be that close to this beast

Comment

Working...
              X