No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Misses Weight Again, Fight In Jeopardy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Broner Misses Weight Again, Fight In Jeopardy

By Jake Donovan - Tonight's HBO headlining bout between Adrien Broner and Vicente Escobedo at the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati is once again in jeopardy of being canceled. Broner once again missed weight, this time at Saturday morning's weigh-in, where the maximum allowed limit was 140 lb as per the terms of 11th hour negotiations to save the fight.

Broner (23-0, 19KO) came in at 143 lb, once again exceeded a contracted limit by at least three pounds. The unbeaten fighter was 133.5 lb at Friday's weigh-in for what was supposed to be a super featherweight title defense against Escobedo, who weighed in at the 130 lb. divisional limit. [Click Here To Read More]

has he struggled this hard to make weight in the past? or is he just that worried about needing an advantage? weak sauce.

Comment

Let him fight and then suspend him

Comment

do the thurman and figueroa fights, may not be HBO quality but will be good action for as long as they last.

Comment

First time I've heard he's missed the weight before.

Wasn't he bragging about how he could eat what he wanted and still make the weight on Twitter or something?

Comment

Take 20 more percent of his purse

Comment

This guy is a lazy, overhyped scrub like I said he was from the gitgo. He probably watched some tapes of Escobedo and was like "man, I ain't fighting this guy, I need a pedicure."

The dude is better suited as a drag queen, he is already halfway there with his flamboyant behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
                By Jake Donovan - Tonight's HBO headlining bout between Adrien Broner and Vicente Escobedo at the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati is once again in jeopardy of being canceled. Broner once again missed weight, this time at Saturday morning's weigh-in, where the maximum allowed limit was 140 lb as per the terms of 11th hour negotiations to save the fight.

Broner (23-0, 19KO) came in at 143 lb, once again exceeded a contracted limit by at least three pounds. The unbeaten fighter was 133.5 lb at Friday's weigh-in for what was supposed to be a super featherweight title defense against Escobedo, who weighed in at the 130 lb. divisional limit. [Click Here To Read More]
                wow.....how the fu....

Comment

Originally posted by johnle43 View Post
                  has he struggled this hard to make weight in the past? or is he just that worried about needing an advantage? weak sauce.

Yeah he has came in overweight before a few times even at the higher weights.
                  Think he weighed in at 139 for a scheduled 135lb contest.

Comment

this is not a good look, thats why i despise weight cutting, Floyd has it right, fight at your natural weight...

Comment

Working...
                    X