Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys think it would help boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys think it would help boxing?

If big name fighters from America fought some of there fights over seas I don't mean against euro fighters either I mean like what if Floyd fought cotto in England or Japan? Do you think it would help it on a global basis or what about more tournaments ?? What do you think would help?

ofcourse but I dont wanna see it at all. However, I do wanna see some US fighters challange themselves by fighting in other Countries. I dont wanna see Floyd vs Khan in Japan but I would like to see Floyd go to the UK to fight Khan. Doesnt have to be in his home area

Comment

no not really

let's say they fight in Japan, what are they gonna do to accommodate the US ppv market? fight at like noon or something?

Comment

Boxing is fine globally. I'm more worried about the general interest for it in the states.

In the end all we need is the networks putting some promotion into new exciting fighters and for the best to fight the best.

Comment

Yes it would

Comment

For certain fighters.

I think Pacquiao deserves a mega fight over in the philippines as Marquez in Mexico etc (as he did against fredchenko) but other than things like that, it's America's fault for not paying attentino to boxing as much as they should

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              ofcourse but I dont wanna see it at all. However, I do wanna see some US fighters challange themselves by fighting in other Countries. I dont wanna see Floyd vs Khan in Japan but I would like to see Floyd go to the UK to fight Khan. Doesnt have to be in his home area
              Lol well of course not Floyd vs khan in japan but they do have big boxing there and like technical fighters I think Floyd would do good to fight there.
              I think nanny would be smart to fight in Manila or more fighters boxing in those huge mexican arenas make it so that people want boxing to come back to the states make them miss it but it'll never happen...

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                no not really

let's say they fight in Japan, what are they gonna do to accommodate the US ppv market? fight at like noon or something?
                True didnt think about that.

Comment

Tyson fought all over the world im sure everyone still tuned in no matter where he was fighting that said americas like the grand stage for boxing if your a known boxer in america you've made it

Comment

sadly Corruption is why people just don't want to travel and the Corruption is WORLD WIDE not just in the US like some people WANT TO BELIEVE

but America is where many boxers dream of making it big because it is a lot of money to be made, but a lot of money can be made in Germany as well as the UK also, but it is difficult to go to those countries and be loved and accepted like they way someone like Ali was

Pacquiao and Mayweather are big but they don't come even close to how big Ali and Tyson was from a GLOBAL STANDPOINT

Comment

Working...
                    X