Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Report: Yuriorkis Gamboa Linked To PED Supplier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGF 1 is a naturally occurring hormone in animals, including humans. It shares a signalling pathway with growth hormones, and is involved in cell growth/proliferation.

When certain deers grow their antlers, before the antlers harden into bone and are in still in a cartilage state, they have a concentration of IGF 1. The antlers have been used in traditional medicine for a while. People chop off the soft antlers, grind them to powder, then use it in things like tea for medicinal purposes.

The Ray Lewis controversy involves Ray buying pills and a spray version made from deer antlers (apparently a lot of it) to heal a triceps tear that might have put him out for the season. Instead, he came back after 2.5 months and is playing for a Super Bowl in his last game as an NFL player.

Ray Ray don't wanna talk about it. lol.

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
    Been watching a couple videos on it, and i found out that it's also called "deer antler velvet", which is the same drug Ray Lewis is being accused of using.

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios
      Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

Has Damnit305, lazarito or garfios posted on this thread? I wanna see what those other guys closer to the situation got to say or if they have heard anything.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

I'm here, what do you want me to say, Give credit to some news that are not supported by any facts or prove $h1t or defend Gamboa for something that hasn't been prove it? I like Gamboa as a boxer and I support him because of that by the same token I don't like Solis and he is Cuban so I'm not going to comment on news that are not a fact, if he turns out to be a peds user he can go to hell just like Mosley, Jones and a few others that I used to like but because of their juicing I don't like them anymore, until then innocent until proven guilty, just like Pac, Marquez, Floyd etc...
      Nah I just wanted to see if y'all are hearing anything different over there.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by josenoway View Post
        IGF 1 is a naturally occurring hormone in animals, including humans. It shares a signalling pathway with growth hormones, and is involved in cell growth/proliferation.

When certain deers grow their antlers, before the antlers harden into bone and are in still in a cartilage state, they have a concentration of IGF 1. The antlers have been used in traditional medicine for a while. People chop off the soft antlers, grind them to powder, then use it in things like tea for medicinal purposes.

The Ray Lewis controversy involves Ray buying pills and a spray version made from deer antlers (apparently a lot of it) to heal a triceps tear that might have put him out for the season. Instead, he came back after 2.5 months and is playing for a Super Bowl in his last game as an NFL player.

Ray Ray don't wanna talk about it. lol.
        That's incredible!

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
          Wake the fuk up people.

NOT EVERYONE USE PEDS.. like you no inside information getting gimps love to believe.

It's only a small % .... stop making excuses for the ones who are caught.

LMAO again at everyone without inside sources making up **** behind a keyboard screen.
          How do you know? Only because your uncle worked with Lewis??
          Im starting to believe that TODAY there are more juicers than clean ones in boxing.

Comment

• This **** is ****ing hilarious.

JMM KO's Pacquiao -Let's have stricter PED testing.

YuROIDkis gets busted - Let's make PED's legal.

I'm not surprised the mamon got caught, he walks around looking like Big Poppa Pump and no one suspects anything.

Comment

• I'll wait on full details of everything before speaking. I'm not one to jump the gun on ped accusations, especially coming from this source.

The Ray Lewis one in particular is complete nonsense. Not only the source, but Deer Antler Velvet; possibly the dumbest thing I've seen in my years in the sports/fitness industry. We're talking miniscule, nanogram amounts of hormones like IGF-1....HGH and IGF-1 at high amounts are over-rated, these tiny little amounts are useless. Deer Antler Velvet was known garbage back in 2001, nevermind now. Utter garbage.

If Ray did use this, it did nothing. If so, a suspension should be for being so stupid and using this nonsense.
              Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 01-30-2013, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                I'll wait on full details of everything before speaking. I'm not one to jump the gun on ped accusations, especially coming from this source.

The Ray Lewis one in particular is complete nonsense. Not only the source, but Deer Antler Velvet; possibly the dumbest thing I've seen in my years in the sports/fitness industry. We're talking miniscule, nanogram amounts of hormones like IGF-1....HGH and IGF-1 at high amounts are over-rated, these tiny little amounts are useless. Deer Antler Velvet was known garbage back in 2001, nevermind now. Utter garbage.

If Ray did use this, it did nothing. If so, a suspension should be for being so stupid and using this nonsense.
                I haven't been following Ray Lewis's case, but that whole deer antler velvet BS reminds me of the baseball player Mark McGwire's steroid-use saga. McGwire was being interviewed one day by journalists in the locker room. One of the writers noticed Mark had a supplement called androstenedione (an androgenic steroid precursor) on the top of his locker. Of course, none of those guys had ever heard of the (then) over-the-counter substance. It became big sports news that McGwire's massive physique and resulting home run power apparently came from using this bodybuilding supplement.

It was all nonsense, of course. The truth would come out years later. Mark was using anabolic steroids, just like many of the other ballplayers that were putting up eye-popping numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  That must've been crushing to the true believers. As for me, I suspected Lance as soon as the accusations started piling up. (How can any sports fan not suspect an athlete accomplishing incredible feats nowadays? It's just naive.) As time wore on, the feeling grew that "where there's smoke, there's fire." The one thing that mildly surprised me was that Lance finally succumbed to the pressure. I guess it's a lesson in human nature. It seems that the weight of all the lies became too much to bear.
                  Armstrong never really succumbed to the pressure. Rather it was the case that admitting it became a better strategy for managing the fallout and regaining some modicum of control over the situation.

After the USADA report was released, nobody, not even the willfully ignorant journalists who did his bidding for years could deny the truth anymore. Maintaining his innocence no longer served any purpose for Armstrong.

If there's one guy in the sporting world who could bear the weight of the lies, it was him. The guy is a full blown sociopath, and even now he doesn't feel the slightest bit of remorse for what he did.

He started laughing when reminded of how he labelled his masseuse a whore and an alcoholic when she spoke out about what was happening in US Postal during the Oprah interview. The guy nearly destroyed her life, "yeah we just ran right over her" he said.

Comment

I'll wait on full details of everything before speaking. I'm not one to jump the gun on ped accusations, especially coming from this source.
                    His name is on those papers for a reason. It doesn't matter what kind of proof there is. From here on out, he's going to be labeled a cheater.

Comment

According to this doctor, it can repair nerve damage really well, now like somebody said on ESPN, Ray Lewis is the perfect person to take this because the NFL doesn't test for this and he only has a few games left in the NFL, so to call it utter garbage is really ignorant considering the wave of PED's that the sport world has been going through in the past couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                      X