Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 things from the Froch - Bute fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the first round on, I said he liked like **** tonight. (Bute)

Even though he hasn't really been tested before, I gotta think something bothered him last night. Because I really do think that he's better than that. Maybe it was the croud or whatever, who knows, but he's not THAT bad. I hope there'll be a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Bring It On View Post
      From the first round on, I said he liked like **** tonight. (Bute)

Even though he hasn't really been tested before, I gotta think something bothered him last night. Because I really do think that he's better than that. Maybe it was the croud or whatever, who knows, but he's not THAT bad. I hope there'll be a rematch.
      I wouldn't mind the rematch tbh, I guess there's nothing to lose and if Bute does even marginally better it still has the potential to be a classic fight. I'm sure people wont mind the idea of Bute potentially being KOed again in font of his fans, so it might still generate interest. his team is probably shook to the bones at the prospects of that tho....

once they clear their heads they will realize that his ability to command a top fighter to come to Canada is out the window now, he will almost certainly have to go on the road to win any kind of belt now and already having home field secured for another shot at the title is what should matter imo.

If there was no rematch clause and he was younger, I'd say take the KO and go back to the drawing board...but where would does he go now that is better than a rematch? Normal circumstances with no rematch being forced that type of loss would set him back at least 1yr in trying to earn another shot...might as well take the shot if it's already signed.

Comment

Originally posted by northernmonkey View Post
        Froch could easily make 164, could easily make 160, but would never happen anyway sergio would rather call out much smaller men but would not dream of fighting anyone slightly bigger,

Anyways Kessler vs Froch II thats what its all about!
        Andre Ward might be the man in the division but he will never be a superstar, he will never put bums on seats outside of his home town, granted he is a very talented fighter but he just isnt marketable and know one gives a **** about him despite losing to Ward Froch is the man at 168
        no way froch can make 164 lbs without seriously impairing his abilities. At 160 Froch would be a dead man walking.

I agree about Ward, he wins, but his style is boring and ugly to watch. he doesn't have one fight that I would rewatch.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
          i heard nobody gives a crap about khan over there.
          You heard wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintGeorge View Post
            2. Frochs hand speed, massive improvement from the Ward fight where he lunged in slow. He really did feed off the crowd well, he was throwing 15 shot combos and they were all crisp quick punches.
            yeah, it was great to see that he is capable of instead lunging in fast.
            "crisp" is not quite the word i would use, certainly solid and certainly fast and powerful but they were swinging and lunging.

he got the job done in impressive fashion and looked a real beast doing it but it disappoints me to see his total lack of finesse, well technique at all really.

he was going on about mcCracken giving him the tactics etc for the fight- what "get out there son and swing for the hills"? i coulda told him that.

full respect for the impressive victory, not many could do that, but i was cringing to see it at the same time, people saying about how bute looked amateurish, well true but then what does that make froch?- bar brawler on coke?

Comment

actually i will correct myself slightly- there is some technique in what froch does in order to be able to land shots so hard. what i meant was the technique he uses is 100% focussed on power and nothing else at all. he was stood square on right in front of bute throwing shots from lower chest height, coming from about 10 rows back, chin as high as you like. ah well it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
                actually i will correct myself slightly- there is some technique in what froch does in order to be able to land shots so hard. what i meant was the technique he uses is 100% focussed on power and nothing else at all. he was stood square on right in front of bute throwing shots from lower chest height, coming from about 10 rows back, chin as high as you like. ah well it worked.
                I think Froch did his homework... instead of dropping his lead hand low and allow Bute to jab at him, Froch kept his lead hand high to parry or at the least get in the way of Bute's jab.

Froch's team also knew Bute is a better counterpuncher than a stalker... and Froch was biding his time and backpedaling waiting for an opening.

We saw a much more patient Froch.

Froch also tried to hide his chin behind his shoulder... it wasn't up in the air.

Froch defense was improved considerably imho... and Bute just couldn't fight an opening. And Froch was patient enough to counterpunch Bute. They figured Bute wouldn't be able to hand Froch's power, and that gamble paid off...

Froch was smart enough to go in for the kill instead of letting Bute recover and get back into the fight.

Comment

Some fighters get better from every experience and style of fight, hopkins is like this and froch is definatelly like this aswell, he learnt from dirrel that he neesd to start quicker, he learnt from the kessler fight you cant always walk down your opponent you need a plan B, The abraham fight gave him confidence in his boxing abillity and from the Ward fight taught him that he needs to A throw faster crisper punches and not look for the knockout in every punch, B to pump a consistent jab when theres no action or any confusion etc, and from the looks of it C To be slightly cuter and use more head movements, footwork etc, Carl is still a WIP and far from a finished goods to the optimum of his abillity he could become a really great fighter if he added the klitschko style 1,2(which hes built for but doesnt use) to his unpredictabillity and ever improving inside game

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                    Carl Froch has suffered from a lack of respect in Britain. The average joe knows Haye, Khan ect.

People SHOULD now know Froch if they don't already. He should be respected, man's earned it.
                    Agreed. Froch is currently the UK's best fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Agreed. Froch is currently the UK's best fighter.
                      Your average Joe still doesn't know who Carl Froch is in the UK.

He also rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way with his arrogance while he was still completely unproven.

Comment

Working...
                      X