No announcement yet.

Pound for Pound by the YEARS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pound for Pound by the YEARS

I Am Looking For Fighters that you think were the pound for pound fighter of a calendar year. --
    It will cause debate of course. RULE #1. ONLY A FIGHTERS ACTIVITY IN EACH YEAR counts for that year, a victory on the 29th of December the previous year does not count, and of course that fighter has to have done some special things. If you can only think of one YEAR where you think a fighter is the actual P4P #1.... then that's cool. I would nominate for a start Henry Armstrong.... which was his "annus mirabilus".... I think it was 1936 but I may be wrong, itr may have been 1938,... but he was in no doubt THE FIGHTER OF THE YEAR...... I could have just as easily called this thread "The FIGHTER Of The YEARS". ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RULE #2. The fighter of the previous year has no points going into the next year.... an even slate in other words. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ It is my hope that we can come up with a name for every year from the beginning of the Marquis of Queensbury Era 1880 to the present. I nominate Les Darcy as the absolute p4p Fighter of 1916,...... Good luck on trying to mount as case against him...... it will be almost impossible, but I'm open to any alternatives. I will do some research, BY THE WAY,,,,, I have a list of the RING MAGAZINE Fighters of the year from 1922 to around 1990,.-------- needless to say, you are not allowed to take the easy way out,... but I doubt that many of you would agree even to 50 % of them anyway....As we go I will put your names on a list and then maybe later we can have polls on the individual years. -----------
    Good luck folks, enjoy the debate, no hitting below the belt is allowed !!!

Rule #3.

RULE #3. - Minimum of 3 fights in each year,..... inactivity, even because of injury, is no excuse. Names with less than 3 fights will be rejected,... even if it's Les Darcy.

Comment

Working...
    X