Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Khan set to make $13M+ is it safe to say GGG would net $20M+ against Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    that is an awesome fcking deal for khan.

GGG doesnt have the british fanbase and media the way khan has doe.

GGG really needs to do something to up his Q rating.

i suggest going the islamist villain guy route.

just start criticizing american foreign policy. attack the gays. go the villain route like floyd if you're not gonna fight anybody threatening until you get the canelo fight.

knocking out bums is not enough unless you just want to stay mr. 97k for your entire career.

attack the gays and go islamist is my suggestion.
    He needs to get selected by the Mexicans in the 2016 racial draft so he can finally be an honorary 100% Mexicano. Right now he only has the Chicano support. But the real ese's still rock with Canelo.

Comment

Easily. He's actually a name Americans know. UK fighters don't make money, because UKfans don't have to buy PPVs, and Americans don't give a crap about them

Comment

10 mln at max

Comment

Golovkin wouldn't get paid that much. Khan is getting those 13 million in order to give canelos record another pretty ko. I'd expect somewhere in the range of 5-8 million,nowhere near the outrageous 30 million that op is saying.

Comment

Just look at their fan bases.

It's simple. Look at their social media numbers.

Khan has 10x more fans. Therefore, way more numbers on PPV than GGG will.

Comment

Golovkin only fights for legacy, not for money.*

*except against Andre Ward. He didn't make financial sense.

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
                Just look at their fan bases.

It's simple. Look at their social media numbers.

Khan has 10x more fans. Therefore, way more numbers on PPV than GGG will.
                Khan has never been featured on PPV prior to this though. GGG has.

And GGG vs Canelo is a much more compelling matchup that will do more buys than the Khan fight. Guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR CANELO!. View Post
                  Yea but dont doesnt mean tripple flop is entitled to any of that. He a flat fee type of opponent.
                  I have to agree with you. Canelo brings all the money.canelo had to take smaller splits when he was the B side but now he's the A side

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                    Khan has never been featured on PPV prior to this though. GGG has.

And GGG vs Canelo is a much more compelling matchup that will do more buys than the Khan fight. Guaranteed.
                    it takes 2 to make a PPV fight

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                      Amir Khan Stands To Pocket 13 Million in Canelo Showdown

Keep in mind the $13M is the guarantee. It says in the article that he could make even more on the back end when everything is said and done. You would have to assume he'd take some of the U.S. PPV money too even though it's not mentioned.

Team Golovkin might seriously want to reconsider their "not going to 155lbs" stance for Canelo. It's clear to me that Canelo won't budge on the weight, so essentially Team GGG will be throwing away 20-30 million for avoiding the fight at that weight. A weight that his team said they'd go down to, to fight Floyd Mayweather (154 lbs).

Keep in mind this fight would likely take place at AT&T Stadium (Cowboys Stadium) which seats over 100,000 people. Because of the compelling matchup, the ticket prices would be at premier prices with an exception for the nosebleeds. I think the PPV would do at least 1.5M - 2M homes at $80 a piece.
                      Khan is an actual commodity. He brings viewers, its part of the reason why he is so co cky. Khan getting 12 mil guaranteed has ***** to do with Golovkin though. Golovkin would never be guaranteed 12 mil. Probably more like 5.

Comment

Working...
                      X