Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What score do you give to a fighter who was knocked down but won the round?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more than likely 9-9 round

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      I don't understand the 10-9 concept for the person who dropped the guy. A knockdown is a deduction of 1 point, not 2. The idea of making it 10-9 gives the guy that got the knockdown 2 points. If a knockdown is worth 1 point and that guy who is knocked down wins the round then it should be evened up(both men with a point reduction). This is why I would score it 9 to 9.

You don't have to score it off 10 points regardless if it is a 10 point must system. For example if multiple knockdowns to each fighter happen you can easily have a 9 to 8 round. For example Maidana V Ortiz.
      Theres a reason its called the 10 round must system, because you MUST give a score of 10 unless a point is deducted

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
        I don't understand the 10-9 concept for the person who dropped the guy. A knockdown is a deduction of 1 point, not 2. The idea of making it 10-9 gives the guy that got the knockdown 2 points. If a knockdown is worth 1 point and that guy who is knocked down wins the round then it should be evened up(both men with a point reduction). This is why I would score it 9 to 9.

You don't have to score it off 10 points regardless if it is a 10 point must system. For example if multiple knockdowns to each fighter happen you can easily have a 9 to 8 round. For example Maidana V Ortiz.
        Knockdowns eliminate each other and reset the scoring. If both fighters score a knockdown you still give the winner 10 and the loser 9. You have to score 10 for one or both fighters barring an official point deduction for committing a foul.

Comment

I rarely give the person kd the round, even if they appeared to win the round. 10-8 is the default unless some extraordinary cirumcstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Theres a reason its called the 10 round must system, because you MUST give a score of 10 unless a point is deducted
            So in reality you are giving a fighter 2 points when they score a knockdown. At 10-8 if the fighter that is knocked down wins the round he gets it to 10-9(1 point) but still trails by another point. I don't like that at all.

Comment

It would be a 10-9 round to the guy who scored the KD wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
                It would be a 10-9 round to the guy who scored the KD wouldn't it?
                Nope, because you only give 10 points to the winner or if they draw the round. If the fighter who scored the knockdown didn't win the round you can't score him 10, the knockdown is a deduction from his opponents score and doesn't affect his score.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
                  Nope, because you only give 10 points to the winner or if they draw the round. If the fighter who scored the knockdown didn't win the round you can't score him 10, the knockdown is a deduction from his opponents score and doesn't affect his score.
                  This is where your post makes no sense. A knockdown gives the fighter a 10-8 advantage because its a knockdown. The only thing that can change this is a knockdown for the other fighter, or a beating which may as well have been called a knockdown (though this is far more contentious).

What the other fighter does, if not those above, is irrelevant.

Comment

By winning the round, the winner scored 10-9. By being dropped, he loses a point, which makes it 9-9. There is nothing complicated about it.

Judges who score 10-8 for a KD even if the guy lost the round, are wrong. But in boxing there are many unqualified officials. And they are the reason for so many bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                      By winning the round, the winner scored 10-9. By being dropped, he loses a point, which makes it 9-9. There is nothing complicated about it.

Judges who score 10-8 for a KD even if the guy lost the round, are wrong. But in boxing there are many unqualified officials. And they are the reason for so many bad decisions.
                      So where are you basing this from? If you could point me towards something, like a governing body rulebook, i'd be grateful.

I can see where you are coming from with this logic, however, like I posted above....how do you win a round if you were knocked down?

As for the 9-9 thing, you may want to have a read up on the 10-point must system. It's peculiar, but it works

Comment

Working...
                      X