Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    Styles make fights. Fedor fought exceedingly cautiously, and I in fact liked this tactic. He needed a win, and he didn't take risks. I think that Fedor is still a threat to any heavyweight in the world. I think that fighting smart and cautiously gives him a better chance to beat the top guys. Fedor beat the hell out of Monson, and put him in a wheelchair. The argument that Fedor not stopping Monson is evidence that he has fallen is an artificious argument, and reflective of ignorance of combat sports.
    I like Fedor's striking and very crisp kicks. Most of all I liked how he moved around and his reflexes.

He didnt bull rush, he didnt go crazy with wild punches, and didnt just do a 1-2 combo that most MMA HW fighters do nowdays do. Fedor was pretty accurate, quick, and actually picked his shots. I especially liked those combos that served to opened up Monson's defences, or those well chosen punches quickly followed by leg kicks.

That display was closer in skill level to top kick boxers than MMA fighters.

Comment

god damn you people are judgmental. I disagree so I'm ignorant to combat sports? I can tell about every title exchange from Greece to today. I can tell you who holds Allus' title(not belts, but championship status.) lineal. Hell, I could teach y'all who the **** Allus was in the first place. Maybe I'm dumb as ****. I dunno...I mean my education, career, and hobbies suggest otherwise, but really thats besides my major point. It doesn't take a genius to hold down facts, and at the very least I'm hella full of thousands of years of facts. Even if I'm dumb enough to misconstrue everything There is still hours worth of inarguable facts I can drop...similar to the where the lineal Greek titles are now, and where they died. Right now i'm hard at work figuring out weather pankration died or just went under ground. There very well may be a lineal MMA titles or 2 afoot. Now c'mon homie. Is ignorant to combat sports really justifiable? Insult me, my opinion, my ability to discern, anything but the general knowledge of combat sports. Now, y'all can choose to ignore me. You can choose to decide I've nothing to teach you, but you know exactly what eras of sport your knowledge is really strong as much as you know where your weak. My range alone suggests there are gaps I may be able to fill.

These opinions have nothing to do with general knowledge of combat sports. Your simply jumping there gives me the impression your one of those who can't learn 'cause y'all done know.....your momma says etc. Fedor might become one of those dudes who fights well old. That doesn't mean he isn't past his prime. My major point was he does not handle anything like a prime Fedor, and you've already agreed to that. Called it "cautious" thats the nice way of saying *****-foot. He went in there and *****-footed a can. a bum. I listed his new problems with vague terms. Ypu ignored the opportunity to attack those claims and simply jumped to attack my knowledge. ****ing funny as hell 'cause I probably know more then any one person on this forum. Hell, there are only two others who even claim to know a god damn thing about ancient combat. Maybe I'm knowledgeable as all hell, maybe this argument has nothing to do with my knowledge or yours. Maybe you'd been more successful with your attack had you actually attacked the point of view as oppose to the foundation it comes from. I'm just saying

Country- Word homie, Nelson took alot of cans to dec. Do we really wanna poke apart the records? Nah, 'cause all that triangle nonsense is just that init? The biggest flaw I see in y'all argument is simply this. Fedor is not a striker. Fedor is not JDS where you know he isn't going to grapple. Fedor is one of the god damn best ground technicians this sport's seen yet. Monson is not. Monson may be a grappler, but that doesn't just automatically make him great at it. I agree that Cain was never all that good, but my point is simple. Monson was never all that good. They're both cans, and ones young. Now prime talking Fedor would have ended either of these guys in the first. Especially with Pride rules. No one has the g-n-p Fedor had. No one has been sooo god damn rubbery. and no one's been so hard to hurt. Fedor's better on the ground then Monson ever was. I could sit here are poke at his gapping, guard, and telegraphy, but those have kind of always been there. Mostly the man's lost his ability to make up for his flaws with speed and strength. I don't mean to say he's more of a grappler then striker. I just mean all this " cautious striker" nonsense doesn't apply to fellas with more submits then KO's or dec. c'mon.

Comment

Originally posted by monaroCountry View Post
        I like Fedor's striking and very crisp kicks. Most of all I liked how he moved around and his reflexes.

He didnt bull rush, he didnt go crazy with wild punches, and didnt just do a 1-2 combo that most MMA HW fighters do nowdays do. Fedor was pretty accurate, quick, and actually picked his shots. I especially liked those combos that served to opened up Monson's defences, or those well chosen punches quickly followed by leg kicks.

That display was closer in skill level to top kick boxers than MMA fighters.

Ah, but isn't it easy to look good when your just hitting a punching bag? Let see him do that nonsense to the Reem, Tyrone Spong, Saki, Danyo, Remy, Ernesto, Semmy, Gheeta, Peter? Eh? Hows this:

Fedor vs Sefo? Does Fedor take Ray down? Does he "cautiously" grapple? Or is he going to use his new found striking skills against an old striker that was only decent at his best? Would choking out Ray Sefo prove to you he's ready to fight Alistair? Explain how punching Monson in the face makes him ready for Cain? Hell, look up my past posts on Fedor and Cain. You'll find nothing but praise for the emperor until this fight. You'll find nothing but criticism for Cain. Still I've got nothing good to say about Cain other then he'd end an old tomato can.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          Fedor is not a striker. Fedor is not JDS where you know he isn't going to grapple. Fedor is one of the god damn best ground technicians this sport's seen yet. Monson is not. Monson may be a grappler, but that doesn't just automatically make him great at it.
          I agree Monson isnt the best grappler but his grappling is far more advanced than what most people give him credit for. Theres a reason why Cormier and now Fedor avoided going to ground with him.

Grappling Championships and accomplishments

ADCC World Submission Wrestling Championships:

ADCC 2009 Over 99+kg: 3rd Place

ADCC 2005 Over 99+kg: 1st Place

ADCC 2003 99+kg: Quarter Finals

ADCC 2001 Over 99+kg: 2nd place

ADCC 2000 88–98 kg: 2nd place Openweight: Quarter Finals, but unable to continue.

ADCC 1999 Under 99KG: 1st Place

CBJJ No-Gi World Championships:

2007 Black Belt SuperSuperHeavy: 2nd Place

2007 Black Belt Open Weight: 1st Place

Misc.

2007 World Grappling Championships 125 kg: gold medal (1st place)

2008 U.S. Grappling World Team Trials - 275+ Division 1st place.

2007 U.S. Grappling World Team Trials - 275+ Division 1st place.

2007 Budweiser World Jiu-Jitsu Championships - Pro no-gi 1st place.

2006 Budweiser World Jiu-Jitsu Championships - Pro no-gi 1st place.

2004 Budweiser World Jiu-Jitsu Championships - Pro no-gi 1st place.

I agree that Cain was never all that good, but my point is simple. Monson was never all that good. They're both cans, and ones young.
          I dont see Monson as a can or Cain. Although I do see Cain as inexperienced and unproven.

Now prime talking Fedor would have ended either of these guys in the first. Especially with Pride rules. No one has the g-n-p Fedor had. No one has been sooo god damn rubbery. and no one's been so hard to hurt. Fedor's better on the ground then Monson ever was. I could sit here are poke at his gapping, guard, and telegraphy, but those have kind of always been there.
          I agree, Prime Fedor was a beast and well ahead of his time, even now.

Mostly the man's lost his ability to make up for his flaws with speed and strength. I don't mean to say he's more of a grappler then striker. I just mean all this " cautious striker" nonsense doesn't apply to fellas with more submits then KO's or dec. c'mon.
          Fedor himself admitted that he wasnt going for the kill, even though he had ample opportunities. He went in there with a game plan devised by his team and followed it through, unlike his previous fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
            Ah, but isn't it easy to look good when your just hitting a punching bag? Let see him do that nonsense to the Reem, Tyrone Spong, Saki, Danyo, Remy, Ernesto, Semmy, Gheeta, Peter? Eh? Hows this:

Fedor vs Sefo? Does Fedor take Ray down? Does he "cautiously" grapple? Or is he going to use his new found striking skills against an old striker that was only decent at his best? Would choking out Ray Sefo prove to you he's ready to fight Alistair? Explain how punching Monson in the face makes him ready for Cain? Hell, look up my past posts on Fedor and Cain. You'll find nothing but praise for the emperor until this fight. You'll find nothing but criticism for Cain. Still I've got nothing good to say about Cain other then he'd end an old tomato can.
            Fedor actually trains with Ernestor, Spong and that crew along with Gegard. Ernesto himself has said that Fedor would do very well in K1.

I dont think Fedor would trade punches with a kickboxer, old Fedor would have and actually did with Prime CroCop. Fedor now actually follows a game plan and dont just dive into an ADCC champs guard. Cain's striking isnt all that impressive, Fedor is easily ready to exchange strikes with Cain. Cain's best fight to date has been aaginst another can named Brock Lesnar.

Comment

Working...
            X