Collapse
No announcement yet.

Score cards:Muhammad Ali vs Joe Frazier 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But they didn't. 1 point per round max, that's the way it was officially scored.

I can't believe how somebody could give round 4 to Frazier, yet all 3 officials did. Crazy stuff.

Comment

The fight was close but the decision was right.

Comment

Round 1: Ali
        Round 2: Ali
        Round 3: Frazier
        Round 4: Ali (draw other times, but not this time)
        Round 5: Ali
        Round 6: Ali
        Round 7: Draw
        Round 8: Frazier
        Round 9: Ali
        Round 10: Draw
        Round 11: Frazier
        Round 12: Draw
        Round 13: Frazier
        Round 14: Draw
        Round 15: Frazier

I gave 6 rounds to Ali, 5 rounds to Frazier and 4 a draw. With Frazier getting 2 points for round 15 i've scored the entire fight a DRAW.

This post is befitting for my 1000th post

Comment

This is a classic example of a fight which takes on an entirely different nature once you discover the contextual backdrop of Ali's cruel baiting.

Now I know why Frazier LOOKS like a guy burning to bust Ali up and settle a score.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingbuff View Post
            Thanks again.I hope we get many other posts on this great fight.
            I would just like to put in a word from the society of boxing fans who love to watch the great fights but consider scoring fights to be like a back massage with a bed of nails....sharp, rusty nails.

Comment

When you watch the fight in high quality, and observe it in detail, I believe ali won. There is a reason fraziers face was beat to a pulp and alis wasn't. Ali rolled nearly all the left hooks to the head early on. Frazier is a tremendous puncher no mortal man could take flush blow after blow from him, when frazier finally did connect he sent ali down. That being said he ran into flush shots from ali all night

Comment

I believe if you really sit down and watch that fight again in high def, you won't try to take the fight away from Frazier like some people do. Watch those middle rounds where Ali sat on the ropes and created the dope for George. It didn't work that night against Frazier.

Just because a fighter has a tendency to swell in the face more than other fighters, doesn't mean he's the loser.

Clear win for Joe.

Comment

Make a choice on your "even" rounds. Unless both fighters score a double knock down I doubt very much theres ever an even round.
                  I thought Joe won a close fight with the knock down sealing it. Don't remember how I scored it I doubt if I did actually after thousands of fights you can tell who's succeeding and whose "concerned"!
                  Ray

Comment

Ali is quoted as going into this fight too confident and said he was always at his best when he had a bit of nervousness. I think the fight was just as Frazier outworked muhammad in this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X