Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Toney Or Lennox Lewis? Who's Greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iron mike tyson View Post
    kostya tszyu??? prince naseem???? michalchewski????
    I was thinking HW champions, but it doesn't matter. The fact that others have done it doesnt make it better, what were the reason for the others fighters being stripped?

Comment

iv listed all hes solid names on hes resume i never said they was the cream of the crop did i?? a champion can only beat wats around him and i will safely say lewis dominated the strongest or top 3 eras in heavyweight boxing
      When you are talking best wins, you only list the best fighters not the B/c level fighters. The golden age of the HW divison was the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
        I was thinking HW champions, but it doesn't matter. The fact that others have done it doesnt make it better, what were the reason for the others fighters being stripped?
        tszyu got stripped because of hes mandos inability to wait for him to be fit and naz and dariusz was stripped because of them not wanting to vacate there wbo because the wbc and wba dint allow unifications with the wbo at the time

Comment

When you are talking best wins, you only list the best fighters not the B/c level fighters. The golden age of the HW divison was the 70's
          i agree the golden era was the 70s but it wernt has stacked as the 90s imo and lewis best win was the holyfield fights but he had a career built on good to great wins

Comment

toney shouldnt have gone to the ufc..

Comment

whos a bigger fight in terms of legacy
              undefeated grant or john ruiz
              chris byrd or vitaly klitschko
              Funny enough its going to be Ruiz. Vitali over Byrd no doubt, but he hurt his own legacy by not giving Vitali he well deserved rematch.

Comment

tszyu got stripped because of hes mandos inability to wait for him to be fit and naz and dariusz was stripped because of them not wanting to vacate there wbo because the wbc and wba dint allow unifications with the wbo at the time
                thanks for this

Comment

Originally posted by southcentralcar View Post
                  toney shouldnt have gone to the ufc..
                  I agree, its a very bad move for Toney

Comment

Funny enough its going to be Ruiz. Vitali over Byrd no doubt, but he hurt his own legacy by not giving Vitali he well deserved rematch.
                    hindsight is a funny thing because we all no ruiz career owns grant but back in 2001 ruiz was a nobody and grant was the americas golden child in the heavys so they was calling for lewis to give him the shot

Comment

Originally posted by Soir View Post
                      Do you want to know why he had no interest in those belts or Byrd and Ruiz? Because his entire career, the boxing world has tried to keep him away from Mike Tyson.

Cus Dmatao kept Lennox away from Tyson in the 80's.

Whats your sourse for this?
                      Don King kept Lennox away from Tyson in the 90s, even paid him off..
                      Tyson was finished at that point he was only fighting for money and didnt want to fight a live opponent hence picking Evander over Lewis.
                      Lennox was so focused on facing Mike Tyson that I believe he psycologicaly retired in 2002 once he achieved his goal. His career was complete at that point he couldve very well walked away right then.
                      From his interviews he was talking about continuing for a while after the Tyson fight, he even wanted to give Tyson a rematch
                      He had one last fight with Vitali in 2003, and survived a tough war. Lennox was skilled enough to win, but his drive was no longer there, that left with Tyson.he made the right decision by getting out when he did.
                      Fair enough

Comment

Working...
                      X