No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sugar Ray Leonard: I Told Mayweather I Would Have Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    I dont rate Ricky as one of Floyd's most meaningful fights! Floyd has faced men way better and more awkward when he was PAST prime, and put on a show! Not only that, but Ray fights nothing like Ricky!

Ray is a taller, outdated, less skilled version of Floyd! Not only that but boxrec may list Floyd as being taller with longer arms than everyone he faced but thats absurdity!

Everyone Floyd faces, towers over him with much much longer arms! Pacman and JMM are the only opponents in recent yrs who were smaller!

Ray is not dancing against Floyd, thats craziness Lol Ray wouldnt be the taller faster guy! Floyd would be the smaller quicker man, with greater reaction time! Ray would look stuck in mud, fighting a hollagram of what he thought was another fighter!

And he would sit their trying to outFloyd, Floyd, which spells trouble!

And you ignored this so I will post it again;

"I dont compare Floyd's speed to his opponents! I compare one version of Floyd to another version of Floyd, because he changes from fight to fight!

Marcos had good enough footwork to keep up with Floyd in the first fight! In the second, Floyd made him look too slow! Based off the second fight, I still felt Pac would be too much for Floyd! But when they fought, Floyd was in another gear! He made Pac look like a small, flatfooted, brawler with slow hands!"

The Floyd who faced JMM, was blisteringly faster than the Floyd who faced Judah yet he's older!

I dont even talk about speed for that reason. He changes from fight to fight!

When Floyd faced Ghost, he would pounce across the ring in a single bound! He was again, a completely different fighter! Due to Ghost size, reach, and height, Floyd wanted to fight him like he did Genero Hernandez! In the 3rd round, I remember Floyd gliding!

But Floyd wouldnt even do that against Ray! Due to Ray's style, and slenderness, I expect Floyd to rough him up similar to Canelo, but worse because Canelo is big and bulky! Ray is a tall skinny man!

I expect the fights to be identical almost! I absolutely do think that its a whitewash, and I give him credit but this is the thing;

IT IS NOT FAIR, to compare fighters from an outdated era, to boxing-machines from the future! Thats not fair to SRL! If Floyd or Pac fought in his era, he would be SHOCKED!

Look at how he ducked Hagler! I REALLY feel that its a GREAT chance we wouldnt see Pac vs SRL! Floyd doesnt have that brutalizing thing that Pac had, so I dont think SRL would duck Floyd! He would try, and he would fail! But I just dont think that those fighters are mentally prepared to witness these caliber of fighters in an era like that!

Specially considering that SRL was the best in that era and he beat most of them, but Floyd is the best in our era, and he is WAAAAAY better than SRL! Their best AINT SHIET compared to our best! This is the future fam!

Ydksab

Comment

• [QUOTE=MurkaMan;16741698]

Ray is a taller, outdated, less skilled version of Floyd!

Sugar Ray:
      Are you out of your mind! Pls explain to the masses how is Sugar Ray less skilled than Floyd.

MurkaMan:
      Everyone Floyd faces, towers over him with much much longer arms! Pacman and JMM are the only opponents in recent yrs who were smaller!

Sugar Ray:
      And since you mentioned these two, you do realize that they are small welterwgts. How would rate them against Roberto Duran as Welters? Ok...for one Marquez will never be mentioned as a great welter, so lets subtract his name...

MurkaMan:
      Ray is not dancing against Floyd, thats craziness Lol

Sugar Ray:
      Why are you Lol? explain why Sugar Ray wouldn't be able to dance against Floyd?

MurkaMan:
      Ray wouldnt be the taller faster guy! Floyd would be the smaller quicker man, with greater reaction time!

Sugar Ray:
      Floyd @ welterwgt is not faster than Sugar Ray, remember Floyd reached 147 in his mid to late 30's so we all do agree that he had slow down since 140 lbs & Ray has equal amount of reaction time.

MurkaMan:
      Ray would look stuck in mud, fighting a hollagram of what he thought was another fighter!

Sugar Ray:
      Ohhh I see there is no reasoning here....Ray would look stuck in mud?...with comments like that you make it seem like he is talent less like Gatti, Baldimor, Hatton... This is SUGAR RAY LEONARD we are talking about!

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:
      Whut Duh' hell???

MurkaMan:
      "I dont compare Floyd's speed to his opponents! I compare one version of Floyd to another version of Floyd, because he changes from fight to fight!

Sugar Ray:
      You want to talk about changing from fight to fight. I'll do better than that, see Sugar Ray change styles from round to round! Watch the fight with Hearns, in the early rounds 1-5 Ray is boxing using lateral movements against a guy that has a longer reach than Floyd & who could knock the fork out of anyone in the history of the Welterwgt divison. Had Ray try to stay in front of Hearns the outcome would've ended up differently. Then see how he becomes the agrressor after landinga righthand on Hearns. Oh yeah did you know Ray had good power in his punches. If that is not smart boxing IQ...then what is?

MurkaMan:
      Marcos had good enough footwork to keep up with Floyd in the first fight!

Sugar Ray:
      Ahhh huh...u saw what Khan did to him in the 1st round, Marcos is no Roberto Duran at Welterwgt.... Are we forgetting that biatch move by Floyd over not allowing Marcos to use his gloves? If Marcos Maidana foot movement gave Floyd trouble imagine Duran...

MurkaMan:
      In the second fight, Floyd made him look too slow!

Bullsheet!!! Floyd did the HUG-A-POKEE, or rather a hug-fest, I think it was on par w/ Wladimars huggin, the ref did a terrible job, I beleive he took away a point unneccessarily against Maidana.

MurkaMan:
      Based off the second fight, I still felt Pac would be too much for Floyd

Sugar Ray:
      Dude lets leave Pac out of this topic it is irrelevent

MurkaMan:
      The Floyd who faced JMM, was blisteringly faster than the Floyd who faced Judah yet he's older!

Sugar Ray:
      Simply because he was fighting a blown up lightwgt, that floyd blatanly did not make the agreed upon wgt. Please don't mention how fast floyd is when it is against a blown lightwgt that you are using as a measuring stick...for crying out loud, we are comparing against SUGAR RAY LEONARD! Come on, show some respect....

MurkaMan:
      When Floyd faced Ghost, he would pounce across the ring in a single bound! He was again, a completely different fighter! Due to Ghost size, reach, and height, Floyd wanted to fight him like he did Genero Hernandez! In the 3rd round, I remember Floyd gliding!

Sugar Ray:
      Again, Guerrero is also a blown up lightwgt,of course you gonna be faster against a guy that use to campaign in the featherwgt div. Again, we are comparing against SUGAR RAY LEONARD!

MurkaMan:
      But Floyd wouldnt even do that against Ray! Due to Ray's style, and slenderness, I expect Floyd to rough him up similar to Canelo, but worse because Canelo is big and bulky! Ray is a tall skinny man!

Sugar Ray:
      Huh...oh oh, I see, Ok i'm done this conversation has terminated. Let me get back to work....I'm sure the folks on this board have that squirm look on their faces after reading the above ...
      Last edited by sugar ray lenrd; 05-26-2016, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
        What a disrespectful piece of shtt. Floyd outboxes him in any era at least 8-4 maybe 10-2
        bullsheet leonard was in best 15 rd shape I ever saw threw way more harder accurate faster punches then froid. the man could throw 6 punch combo in the 15th as hard and fast as the first very very good finisher

Comment

• [QUOTE=sugar ray lenrd;16741933]
          Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post

Sugar Ray:
          Are you out of your mind! Pls explain to the masses how is Sugar Ray less skilled than Floyd.

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:
          And since you mentioned these two, you do realize that they are small welterwgts. How would rate them against Roberto Duran as Welters? Ok...for one Marquez will never be mentioned as a great welter, so lets subtract his name...

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:

MurkaMan:
          Ray wouldnt be the taller faster guy! Floyd would be the smaller quicker man, with greater reaction time!

Sugar Ray:
          Floyd @ welterwgt is not faster than Sugar Ray, remember Floyd reached 147 in his mid to late 30's so we all do agree that he had slow down since 140 lbs & Ray has equal amount of reaction time.

MurkaMan:
          Ray would look stuck in mud, fighting a hollagram of what he thought was another fighter!

Sugar Ray:
          Ohhh I see there is no reasoning here....Ray would look stuck in mud?...with comments like that you make it seem like he is talent less like Gatti, Baldimor, Hatton... This is SUGAR RAY LEONARD we are talking about!

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:
          Whut Duh' hell???

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:
          You want to talk about changing from fight to fight. I'll do better than that, see Sugar Ray change styles from round to round! Watch the fight with Hearns, in the early rounds 1-5 Ray is boxing using lateral movements against a guy that has a longer reach than Floyd & who could knock the fork out of anyone in the history of the Welterwgt divison. Had Ray try to stay in front of Hearns the outcome would've ended up differently. Then see how he becomes the agrressor after landinga righthand on Hearns. Oh yeah did you know Ray had good power in his punches. If that is not smart boxing IQ...then what is?

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:
          Ahhh huh...u saw what Khan did to him in the 1st round, Marcos is no Roberto Duran at Welterwgt.... Are we forgetting that biatch move by Floyd over not allowing Marcos to use his gloves? If Marcos Maidana foot movement gave Floyd trouble imagine Duran...

MurkaMan:

Bullsheet!!! Floyd did the HUG-A-POKEE, or rather a hug-fest, I think it was on par w/ Wladimars huggin, the ref did a terrible job, I beleive he took away a point unneccessarily against Maidana.

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:
          Simply because he was fighting a blown up lightwgt, that floyd blatanly did not make the agreed upon wgt. Please don't mention how fast floyd is when it is against a blown lightwgt that you are using as a measuring stick...for crying out loud, we are comparing against SUGAR RAY LEONARD! Come on, show some respect....

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:
          Again, Guerrero is also a blown up lightwgt,of course you gonna be faster against a guy that use to campaign in the featherwgt div. Again, we are comparing against SUGAR RAY LEONARD!

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:
          Huh...oh oh, I see, Ok i'm done this conversation has terminated. Let me get back to work....I'm sure the folks on this board have that squirm look on their faces after reading the above ...
          Lol great post.

Theres no point. Hes never boxed and hes only watched fmj fight.

He doesnt know the difference between footspeed and footwork.

Comment

• [QUOTE=sugar ray lenrd;16741933]
            Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post

Sugar Ray:

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:
            Whut Duh' hell???

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:

MurkaMan:

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:

MurkaMan:

Sugar Ray:
            SRL is identical to Floyd! Just an outdated lower level version! SRL is versitile! He fights in the pocket and midrange!

Floyd is identical, he is just sharp af while doing it! Completely different, perfect technique, turns his punches over. You throw a punch at Floyd and it gets within an inch of his face, and he doesnt even blink an eye, because he knows its not close enough to land!

I said that Pac and Floyd were his smallest foes! So of course they are small welters! I actually think Pac would bloody Duran! Pac is from the future, while Duran is a lower level version of Pac(Like SRL and Floyd)

The closest thing in history to Pac, was Duran at 135lbs and Pryor at 140! Now those fighters aint NOWHERE NEAR the same as Pac. But Duran at ONE weight class ALMOST looked like him!

Pac was throwing a thousand blistering punches from all angles, footwork, endless stamina, mortal combat types of punches and I think prime Pac would murder Duran! Its not fair to compare fighters of an outdated era to fighters from the future!

And Ray absolutely does NOT have equal amount of reaction time! Floyd changes gears from fight to fight. And never would be SRL be faster, but lets allow him to be faster this once okay?

Speed wouldnt get a fighter like that, a victory over a fighter like Floyd! Completely different caliber of fighter!

And Floyd has slowed down but he has multiple primes! The Floyd who faced Gattie would BLITZ any version of SRL!

The Floyd who faced JMM would humiliate him and capitalize on every single mistake he makes!

The Floyd who faced Canelo would TKO that tall skinny man, and he is 37yrs old! The Floyd who faced Canelo would beat up any version of SRL!

Floyd would make Ray look stuck in mud because Floyd's reaction time is different from fight to fight, and he makes EVERYONE look flatfooted and clumsey!

The Floyd who faced Marcos would lose to Pac! But when Floyd faced Pac, he was on another level! His reaction time and speed had been geared to make Pac look flatfooted and slow!

Floyd makes everyone look flatfooted and slow!

And Floyd hasnt fought anyone like SRL, however Who exactly is SRL? He's identical to Floyd! Just taller and waaay less skilled, which spells trouble for SRL! SRL is not going to outMayweather, Mayweather! He would get humiliated and stop in his tracks everytime he gets hit!

And Ray changing styles is not the same as Floyd being fast in one fight, and being VERY fast in the next fight! Not only that, but your right!

Ray can indeed change styles. Identical to Floyd, just not as sharp!

Floyd was 37yrs old and at a 15lb weight disadvantage when he WALKED down 22yr old Canelo and didnt get touched by a single punch! Floyd was midrange in the 4th round, and out of nowhere, he goes completely flatfooted and shoulder rolled the heck out of the young giant!

SRL ran around the ring MORE than Floyd when he faced Hearns, and he had that scared facial expression.

Then he realized he can hurt Heanrs, then he has an exaggerrated mean face, like he's billy badazz. That made SRL look like a sucker imo.

Floyd's face doesnt change and he doesnt do all that silly stuff for attention.

And look at how you ignored my comments and try to be slick! I mentioned Marcos footwork to say that in the rematch Floyd had completely changed his reaction time and gears! His footwork was better in the rematch! And against Pac, he was on a different gear again! He steps himself up to the level of his opponents!

Not only that but he was nearly 40yrs old when he faced Marcos who was 17lbs heavier! Prime Mayweather humiliates fighters identical to Marcos!

But a 37yr old SRL would get KO'd by Marcos. And a 40yr old Mayweather would STILL be able to run and clinch a victory over SRL! While prime Mayweather, whitewashes him!

And its not about JMM being blown up in weight! I dont compare Floyd's speed to his opponents. Floyd changes gears from fight to fight. You have multiple versions of Mayweather! The Mayweather who faced Ortiz is kind of slow but would bully and walk down JMM. The Mayweather who faced JMM, would capitalize on every single mistake that Ortiz makes. Mayweather is a chamillion in every aspect of the word!

And Ghost wasnt a blown up anything! He was the bigger man and he is a legit ww! When you say blown up, I will let you use that on JMM, but not Ortiz and Ghost fam, stop the lies Lol

Please dont leave anymore ******ed azz comments like these. They are hard to reply to. Leave a regular comment and I can take ya azz to school that way. The way you type is ******ed.

Comment

• [QUOTE=i_am_a_champ;16742064]
              Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post

Lol great post.

Theres no point. Hes never boxed and hes only watched fmj fight.

He doesnt know the difference between footspeed and footwork.
              Of course I do. And Floyd has it all! This man is the best fighter I have ever seen in my life!

Comment

• Sugar vs Money 115 either way.
                Sugar vs Pretty Boiyy 117/118 Pretty Boiyyy.

Comment

• - SRL would win, his wins over Benitez and Hearns..alone destroy any win in PBF's resume..and its not comparing names alone..he beat these guys in there prime. SRL was a combination puncher with enough power to knock you out if he had to. Naturally bigger as well than PBF.

Comment

• [QUOTE=MurkaMan;

Sugar Ray: Son, you're bitting more than you can chew

MurkaMan;
                    Floyd is identical, he is just sharp af while doing it! Completely different, perfect technique, turns his punches over. You throw a punch at Floyd and it gets within an inch of his face, and he doesnt even blink an eye, because he knows its not close enough to land!

Sugar Ray:
                    Anyone can do that fighting mediocre competion against the likes of Hatton, Guerrero, Gatti, Baldimor, & the king of lightwgts Marquez...

MurkaMan;
                    I said that Pac and Floyd were his smallest foes! So of course they are small welters! I actually think Pac would bloody Duran! Pac is from the future, while Duran is a lower level version of Pac(Like SRL and Floyd)

Sugar Ray:
                    Ok if we are going to debate lets leave the name calling aside....and lets really talk sense. You are implying that all futre fighters would whip all the fighters of the past, that my friend is proposterous, any Floyd fan would disagree with you on that.

MurkaMan;
                    Pac was throwing a thousand blistering punches from all angles, footwork, endless stamina, mortal combat types of punches and I think prime Pac would murder Duran! Its not fair to compare fighters of an outdated era to fighters from the future!

Sugar Ray:
                    Sure ...lotsa of medication...

MurkaMan;
                    And Ray absolutely does NOT have equal amount of reaction time! Floyd changes gears from fight to fight. And never would be SRL be faster, but lets allow him to be faster this once okay?

Sugar Ray:
                    Explain to me in details how is floyds reaction time better than Ray?

MurkaMan;
                    Speed wouldnt get a fighter like that, a victory over a fighter like Floyd! Completely different caliber of fighter!

Sugar Ray:
                    Totally agree with you here...because not only does Ray has speed, he has Power & a steel chin & great stamina

MurkaMan;
                    And Floyd has slowed down but he has multiple primes! The Floyd who faced Gattie would BLITZ any version of SRL!

Sugar ray: Gatti? RIP...but he ain't even close to Ray's level

MurkaMan;
                    The Floyd who faced JMM would humiliate him and capitalize on every single mistake he makes!

Sugar Ray:
                    Dude he fought get shorty!

Sugar Ray:
                    Errr I have to get back to work,,,washing toilets...but it pays the bills

See ya.... Gatti, JMM...The murder rodes of the Welterwgt division...

Comment

• If Floyd wants to beat srl in fantasy fight, first fight GGG. Depending how well floyd does gives us an indicator of how well we think he might do against srl.
                      If he's not willing to he has no right to be matched against srl, even in fantasy fight, let alone beat him, don't put them in same sentrence.
                      That's like asking how well nelo would do against monzon or prime hagler!
                      Last edited by hugh grant; 05-26-2016, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X