Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANyone know what size gloves for Cotto/Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather knows Cotto's face is prone to cutting and swelling easily these days. That's why he wants 8oz'ers. Not cause he thinks he can ko him.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
      Mayweather knows Cotto's face is prone to cutting and swelling easily these days. That's why he wants 8oz'ers. Not cause he thinks he can ko him.
      Exactly...I seriously doubt May can ko Cotto, his chin is better than some think. It took 12 rounds to do what Margarito do to him. Other boxers may not have lasted as long. It's his facial scar tissue that is the issue. May probably want to make Cotto bleed and cut him up.

Comment

I have a wierd feeling that an upset may take place. Then again, no way Floyd KO Cotto in 10

Comment

Originally posted by Shona Boy View Post
          Right, I was thinking that its an advantage both ways, Cotto may be able to bang with them 8oz.
          The smaller glove is not about banging its a speed and opening up the face , Manny wore 8oz against Margo for the same reason , bust the other guy up .

The 10oz is more concussive and likely to KO you more than 8oz .

Comment

Whichever glove size is used, it won't change who's gonna win that night.

Comment

REally, I never knew that. I thought the lighter gloves have more KO power. INteresting.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Well, any hard punches that Cotto does manage to land should hurt more.

On Floyd's side I would think that he is putting his fragile hands more at risk by using less padding in the gloves.
                I think his hand problems are deaded.

#1 - He's not as active as he used to be.

#2 - From what I heard a lot of his hand problems were because he used to wrap his own hands, but he has the wizard Rafael Garcia doing that now.

Comment

I don't think Floyd want's the 8oz for the power, he wants it for speed.

Comment

One thing to notice is that the larger 10oz glove will also benefit Floyd's defensive posture. It will be more dificult for Miguel to get him.

Eitherway, I think that Miguel will benefit the most from either 10oz or 8oz.

Comment

Mayweather will be wearing 8oz Grants and Miguel Cotto will more than likely be wearing 8oz Reyes

If Cotto can catch Mayweather with a clean shot it may very well buckle Money May, Money will also be able to drop Cotto with handspeed and power with those 8oz gloves..

Comment

Working...
                      X