No announcement yet.

Duva: Golovkin and his team are using Kovalev's name for publicity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duva: Golovkin and his team are using Kovalev's name for publicity

"Sergey, as I pointed out, was an 8-round fighter when Gennady was a world champion...the fact that they are now using Sergey getting publicity for Gennady, I think that says a lot," stated promoter Kathy Duva, who took a dig at middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin and his team.

Lol..... did he say, "His division is empty"?

Sergey gets the respect. That's for sure. Maybe because his trainer doesn't go around stirring up shyt that they won't back up.

Comment

So John David Jackson says Golovkin dropped and that's his team using Kovalev name to promote fights. Seems kind of an odd viewpoint. It kind of seems Kathy is using Golovkin name to promote Kovalev's fight, odd stance by Kathy.

And if Middleweight is empty, Light Heavyweight is a wasteland. I personally think both divisions are top heavy, LH more so than MW.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
        So John David Jackson says Golovkin dropped and that's his team using Kovalev name to promote fights. Seems kind of an odd viewpoint. It kind of seems Kathy is using Golovkin name to promote Kovalev's fight, odd stance by Kathy.

And if Middleweight is empty, Light Heavyweight is a wasteland. I personally think both divisions are top heavy, LH more so than MW.
        Ward, Sergey, Stevenson, Beterbiev, Sharbanskky, Barrera, and that other guy I can't recall his name but Freedom. said he's rumored to fight Chilemba on the undercard. The division is far from a wasteland

Comment

Light Heavy is one of the most talent rich divisions in boxing. The top 10 is full of proven champions and contenders in the cusp. And what makes it better is they actually fight each other, with the exception of Stevenson.

Comment

Top fighters and promoters see what's going on and how that fraud GGG and his camp operate with the bait and swtich. Drop big names then create road blocks to create mismatch after mismatch. Long list of fighters and promotets who have exposed GGG with their lies and who say how difficult to negotiate with they are. Meanwhile canelo and ward have some how been able to make big fights throughout their careers with other top fighters. But we still waiting on GGG to step up the level of competition he faces. But yeah everyone is just ducking him. Has nothing to do with the joke camp he has and unwillingness to budge or sacrifice to make fights fans want to see. We going in 5 years and he still ain't make a single fight fans have asked for at some point it stops being about others and becomes a pattern where GGG is the common denominator for killing fights. But his fans drank the kool-aid and don't care and will never demand better then fights then low risk mismatches like wade and begging WWs.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Ward, Sergey, Stevenson, Beterbiev, Sharbanskky, Barrera, and that other guy I can't recall his name but Freedom. said he's rumored to fight Chilemba on the undercard. The division is far from a wasteland
              Golovkin, Jacobs, Sergiy Derevyanchenko, Saunders, Lemieux, Lee, Ievgen Khytrov, Ryota Murata, Canelo, and Khurtsidze. Like I said if Middleweight is empty, Light Heavy is a wasteland.

I personally think their both good division.

And the name you looking for is Oleksandr Gvozdyk but since you couldn't even remember the name of the 7th guy on you list I'm going to say the Don won this round but better luck next time friend.

Comment

Golovkin, Jacobs, Sergiy Derevyanchenko, Saunders, Lemieux, Lee, Ievgen Khytrov, Ryota Murata, Canelo, and Khurtsidze. Like I said if Middleweight is empty, Light Heavy is a wasteland.

I personally think their both good division.

And the name you looking for is Oleksandr Gvozdyk but since you couldn't even remember the name of the 7th guy on you list I'm going to say the Don won this round but better luck next time friend.
                I think LHW is better than MW but SMW is the worst division imo

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  I think LHW is better than MW but SMW is the worst division imo
                  To each his own.

Comment

Be cool if after the Ward fight (win or lose) Kovalev called Golovkin out for his team talking shit. They'd come up with the "he's too small" excuse so damn fast.

Comment

Working...
                    X