No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin HBO return date: October 18th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    Funny, ggg might get an opponent before berto and bettors up in less than a month
    lol. that's probably true. I guess they are waiting to see if alka's cousin can make 147 or if they have to make the fight at 149.

Comment

This basically puts an end to a GGG-Froch fight...Carl is currently doing a TV show for a few more weeks, no time for a training camp. I didn't think that fight was possible anyway, with GGG wanting to clear out 160 before moving and not being a major draw yet.

Quillin won't fight him, Cotto won't fight him, Soliman is in talks elsewhere, who does that leave for GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Think Danny Jacobs is feasible?
        didn't jacobs outright admit that he didn't want to face golovkin yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          Think Danny Jacobs is feasible?
          I don't think so. Before the Fletcher fight he said he wasn't quite ready for Golovkin and I agree. He's only had two fights in the past year, I definitely think he needs some more activity before stepping up and fighting someone like Golovkin.

Quillin would of been the ideal champion for him to fight, but looks like he's fighting Korobov.

Actually, I think Jacobs should fight Chudinov. He would get a big payday and he would beat him, IMO

Comment

hopefully korobov unseats quillin, as golovkin-korobov seems easier to make, with arum even talking it up a while ago.

Comment

Quillin is no go, cotto will duck, Soliman talked about being interested but is now looking elsewhere ... Murray will keep running ... sheesh his list of potential opponents grows thin.

Froch or Chavez would be awesome but I doubt either of them will happen what with Chavez ducking at the last minute last time and Froch won't be anywhere near ready in October (though I guess it's theoretically possible that GGG could still be froch's next fight)

Comment

Golovkin gonna duck Mora again.

Comment

What happened to Kirkland is that dude still fighting?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    wait a sec, where is the outrage? whenever a showtime fighter is against TBA or TBD its a problem.

Maybe Vanes Martisoryan
                    Golovkin is still making a name for himself. It's not like big name fighters are lining up to fight him. Sure, Ward talked some smack, but he's not a big enough star to make a big fight. And he's a SMW. With his vendetta against his promoter, he's fading from boxing existence. Ward desperately needs a fight, any fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MBE View Post
                      What happened to Kirkland is that dude still fighting?
                      He is rumored to be fighting Lara or Canelo next.

I think he'll fight Canelo. We should know in the next week or so, I believe

Comment

Working...
                      X