Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one else think Groves has the skills to beat Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one else think Groves has the skills to beat Ward?

Groves has the speed and power to clock Ward as he bullrushes in to clinch. Sure he fades late but Ward's stamina isn't the best either. I think Groves could floor Ward a couple of times in route to a UD.

No. Ward would dominate. If Groves beats Froch, I hope Ward does whatever is within reason to make that fight. Travel if he has to.

Comment

Ain't Micky Ward retired?

Comment

Groves is skilled but no way near Ward. It will be a chess match of a fight though.

Comment

Groves complains about how froch is technically poor but groves defence leaves a lot to be desired. Someone as slow as froch left his face looking like a panda. Imagine what SOG would do?

Comment

Originally posted by RockyIV View Post
            Groves complains about how froch is technically poor but groves defence leaves a lot to be desired. Someone as slow as froch left his face looking like a panda. Imagine what SOG would do?
            Froch only got to Groves face late in the fight. With Groves speed and power and Wards chin the fight might not last that long.

Comment

Groves started well against Froch and beat Degale just about, but Groves isn't that good.

Groves is a bit better than Degale, and Degale isn't that good is he?

Comment

I think if you gave him a few more fights he'd have a chance, he has improved with every fight.

Comment

Hell no....

Comment

Ward would stop Groves.

Comment

Working...
                    X