Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd have a falling out with Roger Mayweather ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    no way....I dont like Floyd at all and i think thats not giving him full creditably..
    Of course everyone has their opinion...mine is The cotto fight. since his return.
    IMO...The JMM fight was wack. Dull lack lustering match up. JMM breaking ground in uncharted waters for the first time with a size dis advantage...had nothing. JMM lacked proper conditioning...power and almost 15 extra lbs slowed his speed down. Maybe thats why some think Floyd looked so good.
    Where are you getting 15 lbs from?

In his last fight before that he weighed in at 135, for that fight he weighed 142. That's 7 lbs, more than half less than what you're saying.

And if we're talking fight night weights, his last fight before that and all of fights at LW he came to the ring in the 140's.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I think Marquez has shown that he's more than just a Lightweight. Sure, he's a small WW but Mayweather's not a big WW. Other than Pacquaio and Marquez he's the only other WW who comes to the ring a few lbs within the limit.

Marquez comes to the ring about 147-150 Mayweather comes to the ring around the same, maybe a tad higher so I don't see where the 20 lbs is. 20lbs is a vast amount of weight.
      i agree...JMM has shown now that hes more than just a LW. But then it was uncharted waters. He didnt step up. He blew up. Floyd had a entire training camp to get under 147 for the catch weight. How he looked can be over exaggerated i can agree. I can also take in consideration that JMM looked really small and that may have made Floyd look really big. But what we do know is...He didnt make the weight. Couldnt make it after given the chance. And when you struggle like that (after coming off a lay off) We all know added weight before fight night mixed with re hydration can blow that weight up significantly

Comment

i agree...JMM has shown now that hes more than just a LW. But then it was uncharted waters. He didnt step up. He blew up. Floyd had a entire training camp to get under 147 for the catch weight. How he looked can be over exaggerated i can agree. I can also take in consideration that JMM looked really small and that may have made Floyd look really big. But what we do know is...He didnt make the weight. Couldnt make it after given the chance. And when you struggle like that (after coming off a lay off) We all know added weight before fight night mixed with re hydration can blow that weight up significantly
        Mayweather weighed in under 147.

Mayweather's size on that night is so over exaggerated. He looked bigger than Marquez, sure. He is bigger than Marquez. But the way it's being talked about is over exaggerated.

Comment

One of boxings great myths that the weight would of making much difference in the mayweather Marquez fight!he was clearly and definately outboxed

Comment

I like Uncle Roger a lot. He seems like he cares and doesn't have an ego. a blend of Jeff and senior.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Dont care about Ortiz...That was another fluke fight won by a sucker punch!

20lbs was sarcasm....but he he did out weigh JMM at official weigh in and Refused to get on the unofficial scales for the first and only time in his career...FACT! Ring side officials writers and anyone watching saw the significant size advantage. Floyd was coming off a layoff where he added weight and was having trouble shedding the wight to make the fight! Hence the reason he didnt make weight for the fight (at the CW)
              Too bad he didnt use his weight to push, nor muscle Juan around! He beat him at his own game; Counterpunching, boxing! He made that guy look SOOOOO bad, that it left the impression that no matter what weight, it would have been the same! The speed and skills won the fight! Pac's speed and skills almost did the same, until you know what! Same weight class too!!

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                I like Uncle Roger a lot. He seems like he cares and doesn't have an ego. a blend of Jeff and senior.

Yea but he can be mean as hell! And cusses a storm around kids! I often wonder what the parents of the kids their, think about it! I bet some parents pull their kids out when they see how he can be! I think Sr is a good harmless guy! His ego is all in good fun! Only time I REALLY saw him cut up, is when he laughed at Kelly Pavlick's face, when Seckback asked Floys Sr about Kelly's skills! LOL Other than that, I understand him saying bad stuff about Pac, because Pac and Roach where his enemies.

Comment

Does PAC-BOY contribute anything to this forum other than trolling?
                  Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 02-14-2013, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                    It would take you to reply.

like it would take u to write something like that just for attention. grow up, be a man, stop being an attention whore. we have enough maniacs and elbosshogs and jacks around here.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Where are you getting 15 lbs from?

In his last fight before that he weighed in at 135, for that fight he weighed 142. That's 7 lbs, more than half less than what you're saying.

And if we're talking fight night weights, his last fight before that and all of fights at LW he came to the ring in the 140's.
                      Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X