No announcement yet.

So Jesus Soto Karass is Punchers Harder and Faster then Both Rosado and Stevens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
    On BKB PPV tonight they had some chips in the glove that measure the punch LB force and the speed at which the punch is thrown.

Soto Karass threw at 26mph and at 660LB of force, meanwhile the second close came from Curtis Stevens at 25mph and at 600lb of force.

Interesting facts.
    Timing is Karass' major downfall.

Comment

perhaps for only that one punch. but average, i bet rosado and stevens top him.

Comment

I'd love to see this chip used in traditional boxing

Comment

Yeah I don't believe those stats are accurate. It's a gimmick for the believe anything crowd.

You could probably put any numbers in there and anyone would believe it until you break down realism.

Let's see, a slow as hell fighter throwing faster than a fighter known for speed? Dat don't make sense! Well until the producers hear that, they'll keep throwing BS numbers out and make you believe it's ALL IN THE CHIP! ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
            Yeah I don't believe those stats are accurate. It's a gimmick for the believe anything crowd.

You could probably put any numbers in there and anyone would believe it until you break down realism.

Let's see, a slow as hell fighter throwing faster than a fighter known for speed? Dat don't make sense! Well until the producers hear that, they'll keep throwing BS numbers out and make you believe it's ALL IN THE CHIP! ROFL
            He's lighter

Comment

I don't know how speed is measured but force is relative to what you hit. If it's a hard object such as a wall, it will measure more force than if you punch a pillow with the same speed.

Anyway soto has good snap in many of his punches, but people should take it with a grain of salt, it's as reliable as compubox

Comment

that just goes to show that speed and power don't necessarily win you fights...rosado beat the **** out of soto karass a couple of years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady96 View Post
                  I'd love to see this chip used in traditional boxing
                  in the Beterbiev vs. Campillo fight they showed that Beterbiev was at 21mph and 950lb (?) of force, right after the KO

Comment

Most boxers throw at the same speed, I remembered they measured Bute's and Andrade's speed both around 27mph.

The speed at which you are able to snap your arm back to reset for a punch is what makes you a fast puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
                      Timing is Karass' major downfall.
                      think technique also as he wings a lot of his punches.

Comment

Working...
                      X