No announcement yet.

HBO's legendary night myths

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO's legendary night myths

Pick an episode,Pick a myth and then completely debunk it.There is alot of myths,half truths and lies in this series but I haven't watched an episode in a while and can't bare to watch one of these episodes.

For example

- Ray Leonard ducking Aaron Pryor

- Aaron Pryor needing a knockout to claim victory over Alexis Arguello

Originally posted by BigMacFoster View Post
    Pick an episode,Pick a myth and then completely debunk it.There is alot of myths,half truths and lies in this series but I haven't watched an episode in a while and can't bare to watch one of these episodes.

For example

i agree about HBO Legendary Nights.. but Leonard vs Pryor was never ever mooted and Pryor mastered Arguello TWICE ...if both fights had gone to the scorcards Pryor would have been a clear winner

Comment

I'm yapped about this for a long time.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=236464

It's not that I don't think the show was well-made, I just don't like it when people keep repeating myths and half-truths. That's not just from this show, but other myths in boxing like "Hagler was a brawler" or "Pep won a round against Graves without throwing a punch".

You know, the show never even said Chavez alone made Taylor brain-damaged, nor did it say that Taylor was never any good afterwards. It just said (correctly) that Taylor's performances declined afterwards, and that Taylor now suffers from brain damage.

Of course, to numerous people, Point A somehow goes directly to Point F, without even thinking about B through E.

The "Nicarguan" judge who gave Arguello nearly every round was Ken Morita , who had Arguello losing by a whopping margin of 2 points after 13 rounds. Another false statement was Jim Lampley saying that Chavez-Taylor II was one-sided. That was actually a pretty competitive bout, with a great 6th round.
      Last edited by Thread Stealer; 09-11-2009, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Lampley said the Chavez-Taylor rematch was one-sided.

That's false. It was a pretty good competitive bout, with a great 6th round.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMacFoster View Post

For example

That was just 1 guy from the Pryor camp saying that he heard Leonard moved up in weight to avoid him.

Comment

Working...
          X