No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan: People Thought De La Hoya Would Destroy Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Posters be like "It's not ABC, Just because Rachid Drilzane, Willie Limond, Michael Gomez, Breidis Prescott, Danny Garcia, and Julio Diaz knocked Khan down 8 times doesn't mean Canelo Alvarez can do it!"

Yep i mean this is not exactly rocket science...hell Algeri buzzed him

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
      Except canelo isn't past his prime
      And he isn't old or washed up like Oscar was against Pac and Floyd, a shot or shopworn fighter like Cotto was against Pac, Floyd and Canelo or weight drained like Canelo was against Floyd, Cotto against Pac, and Margarito against Pac etc...

The only chance I give Khan is if he comes out juiced and roided to the gills like Marquez was in the 4th Pac fight.

Comment

So GB trying to sell this fight by comparing it to Pac/oscar. .lol..1st oscar now khan saying it. .I give khan credit for taking da fight. .but Canelo. .he a joke for it. .but hey. .it's a $ fight. .name fighters. .GB will stack da undercard to help da ppv sells. .me won't buy it. .Canelo will stay at 155 fighting small fighters till his ppv #s are doing well. .

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Damn, forgot about that.

I thought the Pac-Oscar fight was a mismatch, then I rewatched the DLH-Two Pound fight where Forbes if I remember correct cracked DLH's orbital socket.
          Yeah you forgot that De La Hoya only came down 3 pounds to fight Pac..while Pac moved up two divisions...Floyd never took a risk like that in his career ever...

Comment

If this fight was at 152..and the same drained Canelo that fought Floyd was showing up..I'd take Amir..but at 155...Canelo is going to destroy and end Amir's career..

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
              And he isn't old or washed up like Oscar was against Pac and Floyd, a shot or shopworn fighter like Cotto was against Pac, Floyd and Canelo or weight drained like Canelo was against Floyd, Cotto against Pac, and Margarito against Pac etc...

The only chance I give Khan is if he comes out juiced and roided to the gills like Marquez was in the 4th Pac fight.

LOL @ Cotto was shot against Pac... he had one loss... so unless you're undefeated you are shot I guess You have an excuse for everyone... so if Cotto was shot against Pac what was he against Canelo? Everyone was drained or shot to you in every fight I see..

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                The point that Khan seems to forget is that Oscar fought Pacquiao at 147 (weighing in on the day of the fight, also, at 147) after 5 years at 154/160; if Pacquiao had gone up to 154(or Oscar been given the chance to rehydrate after weighing in), it would've been a completely different fight.

Alvarez has absolutely no issue making 155, so Khan is about to get that work.
                there was no rehydration clause for oscar.
                oscar chose the weight.
                pac was moving up 2 divisions from a weightclass he only had one fight in. he was just fighting 3 divisions lower in the same year he fought oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                  Yeah you forgot that De La Hoya only came down 3 pounds to fight Pac..while Pac moved up two divisions...Floyd never took a risk like that in his career ever...
                  I haven't forgot about you claiming shit on fights you haven't even seen, and then talking like you have.

It's there.

But it's Super Bowl Sunday you monkey mouth bitch, so I'll let you sweat it out.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                    LOL @ Cotto was shot against Pac... he had one loss... so unless you're undefeated you are shot I guess You have an excuse for everyone... so if Cotto was shot against Pac what was he against Canelo? Everyone was drained or shot to you in every fight I see..
                    Of course Cotto was shot against Pac, he was also shot against both Floyd and Canelo as well. Miguel Cotto's name is what carried those fights, he's was living off of what he did at 140/147. And he's been washed-up/shot/shopworn since that severe beat down he took in the first Margarito fight, any knowledgeable boxing fan knows this.

Comment

The scary thing is Khan has actually convinced himself he can pull it off , delusional to the point of dangerous...i can imagine when Khan is off his toes and canelo hits him to body......ur will hear Khan squealing like a piglet ....I remember what Tyson said about Biggs when he was hitting him to the body......he was squealing when I was hitting him to the body....oh my days it's not gonna look pretty

Comment

Working...
                      X