Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROGER MAYWEATHER: Khan Probably BEATS Canelo Because Of His Style & Skills [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    The entire Mayweather camp (outside of Floyd) also picked Cotto to comfortably beat Canelo.

Just for the record.
    Nope, Roger said Canelo beats Cotto:

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      The entire Mayweather camp (outside of Floyd) also picked Cotto to comfortably beat Canelo.

Just for the record.
      Roger picked Canelo over Cotto

Roger is rarely wrong

but at the end of the day it all depends on if Khan can follow Hunters gameplan for 12 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        That's old news anyway, we all know Floyd avoided Khan, he put up a poll for public to choose his next opponent which Khan won, but he fought the loser of the poll Maidana, someone Khan already beat. Doesn't mean he was "terrified", just means he knew Khan was a harder fight than Maidana.

Khan was partly to blame because he kept saying in interviews that he'd try to outbox Floyd, not KO him. Over and over again, he kept giving away that critical element of his game plan which was a big mistake. Floyd may well have fought Khan if he said the reverse, "I can't outbox Floyd, I'm going to KO him". Basically played some mind games. Because if he did try to KO Floyd he would have lost the fight, maybe even got KOd by Floyd. However, a Khan who tries to outbox Floyd is a much riskier proposition, Floyd knew that so he avoided the fight as we all saw.
        Floyd made a business decision; simple as that. Khan campaigned for his fans to actively seek out Floyd's poll, to try and goose the number, while ESPN, and other sites, ran their own independent polls, where Maidana was topping Khan handedly. Beyond that, Marcos Maidana had the career momentum (four straight wins, with the last one on that stretch being a humbling of "mini-Mayweather" in front of a strong Mexican crowd, and a seeming anointment as "welterweight pride of the Latinos") and Khan had stalled (knocked out by Garcia, followed by two bunk performance and choosing NOT to risk fighting Devon Alexander to close out the year).

Once the business no longer made sense(or basically when a better business proposition opened), Floyd followed the money; if Maidana hadn't beat Broner like he did, Floyd would've gladly whooped on Khan. With Maidana making the fight actually competitive, the rematch made even more sense.

Comment

Roger Mayweather, with the typically comedic "no love" attitude that he shows for anyone not TMT affiliated:

"I don't think much of these mother****ers but Khan will probably win. Whoever got the best style is going win so Amir Khan will probably win. He got a good jab, keep his ass moving, keep the head moving. He'll beat him."

So there we have it. Props to Roger for giving Khan that respect but you know I got to say I told you so, there's finally some validation straight from the source about what some of us said all along. The Mayweathers always knew Khan had serious skills and they did avoid the fight for a reason. Old news now anyway, what's new is that Roger thinks Khan beats Canelo.. Discuss..
          Gems like this help remind everyone that Roger DKSAB!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Floyd made a business decision; simple as that. Khan campaigned for his fans to actively seek out Floyd's poll, to try and goose the number, while ESPN, and other sites, ran their own independent polls, where Maidana was topping Khan handedly. Beyond that, Marcos Maidana had the career momentum (four straight wins, with the last one on that stretch being a humbling of "mini-Mayweather" in front of a strong Mexican crowd, and a seeming anointment as "welterweight pride of the Latinos") and Khan had stalled (knocked out by Garcia, followed by two bunk performance and choosing NOT to risk fighting Devon Alexander to close out the year).

Once the business no longer made sense(or basically when a better business proposition opened), Floyd followed the money; if Maidana hadn't beat Broner like he did, Floyd would've gladly whooped on Khan. With Maidana making the fight actually competitive, the rematch made even more sense.
            The business angle was unfortunately just an excuse. Khan brought much more to the table in terms of wordwide star power than Maidana, and he already beat Maidana to boot.

ESPN has been strongly suspected of rigging their polls for a very long time now, Google it. All polls are easily rigged if the intention is there to do so, a webmaster just needs to make a few adjustments and it's done if we're talking about online polls. But you need to know that in order to do it, and I'd suspect Mayweather (like yourself and many others) are unaware of such practices.

But even the Diebold voting machines in America were rigged in certain areas to sway the vote in a particular direction back in 2004 and Diebold were charged with Fraud since they kept 2 sets of Microsoft Access data tables which were supposed to be identical, like 2 separate identical accounts of the vote, but the 2nd set of tables were programmed in a way that they could be altered, while the 1st set gave the impression of being completely secure. So even the presidential elections were effectively rigged.

Anyway, I digress. You can ignore all the other polls. The Official poll had Khan winning but Mayweather decided to fight the loser of the poll, not the winner and that's because Maidana was an easier fight than Khan.

Comment

Don't laugh at Roger, he also said Mosley was going to whoop Margarito's ass and everyone called him a crackhead and said he should lay off the drugs, called him jealous and all kinds of things. Then it happened.

So I would not brush off Roger's prediction as crazy talk.

Comment

Comment

I don't necesserily consider everything professionals say as reasonable or important because i believe among them are lucky amateurs.
                  But there are technicians who devote themselves to boxing, like Roger. Before calling him crazy be sure that you have seen more than him.
                  Like you Christians say: "Respect thy elders"

Comment

The business angle was unfortunately just an excuse. Khan brought much more to the table in terms of wordwide star power than Maidana, and he already beat Maidana to boot.

ESPN has been strongly suspected of rigging their polls for a very long time now, Google it. All polls are easily rigged if the intention is there to do so, a webmaster just needs to make a few adjustments and it's done if we're talking about online polls. But you need to know that in order to do it, and I'd suspect Mayweather (like yourself and many others) are unaware of such practices.

But even the Diebold voting machines in America were rigged in certain areas to sway the vote in a particular direction back in 2004 and Diebold were charged with Fraud since they kept 2 sets of Microsoft Access data tables which were supposed to be identical, like 2 separate identical accounts of the vote, but the 2nd set of tables were programmed in a way that they could be altered, while the 1st set gave the impression of being completely secure. So even the presidential elections were effectively rigged.

Anyway, I digress. You can ignore all the other polls. The Official poll had Khan winning but Mayweather decided to fight the loser of the poll, not the winner and that's because Maidana was an easier fight than Khan.
                    Khan got stopped by Danny Garcia, and looked like **** in his next two fights; people seem to always overestimate the "worldwide star power" that Khan would've brought to the table, tbh. If you want to hang your hat on Floyd's poll, so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Gems like this help remind everyone that Roger DKSAB!!!!
                      He picked Canelo to beat Cotto.

He picked Mosley to beat Margarito.

He avoided making a pick in Maidana vs Broner because of the TMT affiliation, but he strongly hinted at Maidana winning.

Like most good analysts, Roger gets more picks right than wrong, but obviously he's going to get some wrong too because no one gets them all right, all the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X