Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Pound for "Pond" list...open for suggestions...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Garcia, no bang.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      Explain WTF Pound for "POND" even means?
      POUND FOR POND...Across any Forking Pond (meaning no boundaries) :-)

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
        a p4p list isn't worth a damn without garcia on it, fr fr.
        Please. How long are Danny, his dad and his fans going to ride that Matthysse wave? He fought Matt so he never has to prove himself again, hes just automatically considered p4p? Fck outta here

Comment

Was ok til santa cruz lol Crawford has done nothing as well. The only way I can see someone putting Crawford there is if they're an American desperately trying draw attention away from the fact that America is a faded power in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
            Please. How long are Danny, his dad and his fans going to ride that Matthysse wave? He fought Matt so he never has to prove himself again, hes just automatically considered p4p? Fck outta here
            hmmm...I respect your opinion Bardock, but the consenses so far are coming in for Garcia to be ranked...I'll wait for the other comments...

Comment

It's tough to make a good pound for pound list at the moment because there is really no clear cut ruler in certain divisions & it's tough to reward a fighter on outdated victories.

I feel Garcia was easily pfp before the Herrera fight when he was clearly number one at 140. He has looked decent so far and his win over a Guerrero who has fallen off hard these past years doesn't place him as the man to beat a 147. That's what makes it hard to place a 147 lb boxer on this list because they haven't fought each other yet. The 140 lb division is in a similar state. Postol, Crawford, Herrera & Broner need to be matched up before someone can say that they are pfp. 154 also has some interesting match ups that have yet to be made.

Same with Ward. I feel he definitely was one of the higher ranked fighters and can still be within the years end but his inactivity left his good victories dated. His win over Paul Smith is nothing spectacular.

I don't think to highly of Santa Cruz but he kind of makes it by default since some the other divisions don't have a proper ruler so to speak. And with divisions where there is some stalling in making the fights you can easily say that in the lower weight classes Gonzalez & Rigondeaux (he desperately needs to stay active because his ranking is starting to fall off) are the ones to beat if you truly want to prove that you are the man in their respective divisions. Same thing with MW & LHW whoever beats GGG (Canelo & Jacobs are right behind him) or Kovalev (Stevenson & potentially Ward right behind him) can truly say that they are worthy of ruling that division. SMW also has DeGale to an extent, I don't think too highly of him either but he might eventually make it if he can clean out 168.

I also think the Porter/Thurman winner might soon lay claim to a spot on someone's pfp list.

Comment

[QUOTE=jrrod02;16442877]1. Sergey Kovalev
                2. Roman Gonzalez
                3. GGG
                4. Manny Pacquiao
                5. Andre Ward
                6. Timothy Bradley
                7. Canelo Alvarez
                8. Terrance Crawford
                9. Rigo
                10. Danny Garcia

Jrrod ,
                nice list but Ward & Rigo ....sorry Ward hasn't fought a meaningful fight in a decade & Rigo? okay he beat Donaire (and so did Walters) who else has he beaten?

Comment

Good list. After Golovkin dispatches Canelo, he'll be #2

Comment

Top 5 should consist of Rigondeaux, Ward, Golivkin, Gonzalez and Fury.

I've left Pacquaio out as he's almost retired and irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                      Top 5 should consist of Rigondeaux, Ward, Golivkin, Gonzalez and Fury.

I've left Pacquaio out as he's almost retired and irrelevant.
                      Ward? Lmao!

He hasn't fought anyone worth a damn for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                      X