No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: I'm a Different Class, Lemieux Taken To School

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Man, stop posting please. You're like Teddy Atlas's ******ed nephew.
    u liked my comment and u know it....lets be honest jabs are not exciting...he did hurt him and finish him, but the excitement was few and far between in a one sided fight...now roman gonz on the other hand...that fight had no bushes..he let it all hangout and didnt care how much power The Hawaii Kid had...he turned Hawaiian Punch into a knock off brand from Save A Lot

Comment

He was getting nailed by a stiff jab. It's easier said than done.

But with that said, as the rounds went on David did become much more aggressive and was selling out frequently to try and get his shots off. It's just when you do that you're going to take even more punishment. He was in a bad spot - stay on the outside and get jabbed to death or be aggressive and eat power shots by coming in strong. He had no jab himself so he was ****ed.
      is it just fighters like david that will take more punishment..bc lets be honest he's not skilled or do skilled fighter know how to hit and not be hit...david surelly cant hit and not be hit..he barely knows how to place his shots without falling off balance...and i didnt say he clinched a lot i said he'd break range and clinch if it was suitable..it would have been more suitable even more if david just said the hell with respecting him..like i said why repsect him when he's going to beat u up either way..thats how chino made floyd fights so good..and we know floyd eosnt have the power, but the power cant hit u that hard if u smoother it

u gotta understand boxing to agree with my comments bc im not a one and done ass commentor i know my sport..im a student of it more than i am a fan of any fighter

Comment

Anyone else feel like Golovkin carried this fight starting midway through round 2 in an attempt to give people their money's worth? At that point it was pretty clear to anyone who didn't already know Lemieux had little boxing abilities. He literally could have ended the fight at any moment in my opinion and the use of the shoulder roll made that pretty clear. I think he just wanted to showcase what he could do and not give people the typical Mike Tyson, $50 for 5min of action show on his first PPV.

Comment

Because David talked A LOT of sh it going into the fight. He wasn't a good boy.
          We knew giggi is better no need to humiliate the poor guy

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
            ggg fought roman nomar from brazzers

and since im talkin **** i mights as well incorporate it into this fight

this fight had all the makes of a great **** with 2 of your fave girls in it...but u unzipped the jeans and one had a bush...ggg's jab was the bush...it actually killed the fight for me, but won it easy for him

btw i hate bushes...just sick
            Lol what? Brazzers??

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
              Anyone else feel like Golovkin carried this fight starting midway through round 2 in an attempt to give people their money's worth? At that point it was pretty clear to anyone who didn't already know Lemieux had little boxing abilities. He literally could have ended the fight at any moment in my opinion and the use of the shoulder roll made that pretty clear. I think he just wanted to showcase what he could do and not give people the typical Mike Tyson, $50 for 5min of action show on his first PPV.
              naw from round 1 u saw that he respected david by using his jab..if he did jump on him he was risking himself to big shots and openings..david wanted him to be closer..that would have played into his hands if he jumped on him..GGG is smart..it made it less of a war/entartaining, but that jab was phenomenal and damaging..keeping the range and breaking him down was the plan and he executed it..on to better competition and he'll never be forgotten

Comment

I said something similar last night. When one fighter is more polished than the other, its gonna be evident. Doesnt mean Lemieux a bum, just that GGG is in a different class. David still has the tools to compete with the dividions best outsidw of GGG.

Comment

GGG put on a true masterclass. Perfect technique and the power was on point as always.

Comment

still hats off respect to Lemieux, he could have used that IBF strap for some easy wins over mando's, which for IBF, their next highest ranked MW is Eamonn O'Kane (14-1-1)! yet he went straight in with ggg and lost it immediately (gaining a lot of respect hopefully along the way)

Comment

this was his FIRST REAL test and he passed with flying colors
                      with that said he fought a limited fighter who just had POWER and nothing else to fall back on when that wasnt readily available.
                      but also ggg lied. i thought they said this was gonna be HAGLER-HEARNS?? that was a SOFT fight with ggg BOXING and not SLUGGING like hagler n hearns.
                      he beat a guy who he was supposed to beat and was FAVORED to beat and he went in there and fought SMART until he sensed that lemiuex was limited.
                      good fight for ggg but to ME the ONLY real test at 160 is Quillin and jacobs jacobs is faster and more nimble footed BUT he has a questionable chin and to me Quillin hits harder than ggg and has a longer reach and when feet set can deliver ko blows but his defense is lacking so those are the best fights at 160 and also coming in 3rd is hard hitting andy lee but thats ALL he has

Comment

Working...
                      X