Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hear on this site ever meet any Pro athletes, If so, who?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
    In shape, yes, Athletes, No. Those are actors. However an exception is Brock Lesnar because he did MMA.
    most of those guys have backgrounds in high level high school, and often collegiate wrestling.

they are absolutely athletes, they're just not competitive athletes.

wrestling is not fake. it is scripted. you cannot fake throwing a 275 lb man over your shoulder.

pro wrestling is brutal on your body. those guys take a pounding year round. the level of injury and pathology in that sport is freaking staggering. some of those guys can hardly walk when they're retired.

Comment

ive chilled with corey brewer,shawn marion, roddy b, tashard choice, miles austin and jj barea at different times at the bars here in dallas.

Ive met meisha tate,stitch duran. alistair overeem and jorge masvidal back when strikeforce came to dallas met them after the weight in only pic we got for some stupid reason was with ariel helwani.

Ive met the latin legend luis yanez...jesus chavez trains fighters at the maple gym by the rec center that i work out at met him twice cool guy.

for the wrestling fans ive met a couple of wrestlers a while back when i went to the wrestlemania in seattle at the airport i met prince albert, charlie haas and shelton benjamin were actually on the same flight home to dallas, also met booker t and i could of sworn i met xpac but my homies says it was someone who looked like him lmao
      at wrestlemania axxess in houston i met stone cold, triple h, chyna, and jim ross that was cool

Comment

Mostly MMA guys. Frank Shamrock, Mark Coleman, Wes Sims, David 'the Crow' Loiseau, Carlos Gracie Sr, Rolles Gracie, Paul Buentello, Jeff Blatnick, and boxer Jesse 'James' Leija and Ann Wolfe. I've also met Chris Leben, and he was probably the most low class human being I've ever met.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          most of those guys have backgrounds in high level high school, and often collegiate wrestling.

they are absolutely athletes, they're just not competitive athletes.

wrestling is not fake. it is scripted. you cannot fake throwing a 275 lb man over your shoulder.

pro wrestling is brutal on your body. those guys take a pounding year round. the level of injury and pathology in that sport is freaking staggering. some of those guys can hardly walk when they're retired.
          My friend manages a bar and he got free tickets to this independent wrestling thing about two and a half years ago. It was the saddest thing ever. Hacksaw Jim Duggan trying to do the three point stance and could barely bend over. At the end Kevin Nash got into the ring and was wasted and said the same things over like four times about how he wished he'd appreciated his stardom while he had it because you can't go back.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            My friend manages a bar and he got free tickets to this independent wrestling thing about two and a half years ago. It was the saddest thing ever. Hacksaw Jim Duggan trying to do the three point stance and could barely bend over. At the end Kevin Nash got into the ring and was wasted and said the same things over like four times about how he wished he'd appreciated his stardom while he had it because you can't go back.
            That's just sad... But those dudes arent elite level anymore, just trying to get a paycheck off their name... Similar to james toney being trotted out in boxing

The guys that are in the WWE currently, in their prime, are some great athletes

Comment

Working...
            X