Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kronk Gym Grand Opening MAY 25, 2015

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More beasts might come out of it... point is, it looks outdated. It looks like a gym from the 90's. The letters on the wall aren't even lined up properly for Gods sake. Look at the floor tiles...

It's disturbingly ugly and depressing. I'd end up hanging myself from the heavy bag mid way thru the workout.

They could have done a modern version of the original one, keeping the same colors and whatnot.

I would NEVER train there. EVER. And I'm a highly touted prospect, I might go pro soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      You've obviously never seen the original Kronk. It was nothing even close to resembling a "state of the art" gym, yet they raised beasts.
      Exactly, it was because the place was a dump that it was so good. You don't turn out fighters in fancy gyms, you turn them out in rough conditions.

Comment

It is a REAL Boxing Gym not a fuking 24 Hour Fitness! Looks good enough for fighters to go and work and to get young kids off the streets in Detroit and hopefully keep them out of trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
          More beasts might come out of it... point is, it looks outdated. It looks like a gym from the 90's. The letters on the wall aren't even lined up properly for Gods sake. Look at the floor tiles...

It's disturbingly ugly and depressing. I'd end up hanging myself from the heavy bag mid way thru the workout.

They could have done a modern version of the original one, keeping the same colors and whatnot.

I would NEVER train there. EVER. And I'm a highly touted prospect, I might go pro soon.
          If you even had the audacity to walk into the original Kronk Gym, I guarantee you the smell would force you out. The smell there was essentially a sign that said "No Bitches Allowed".

You wouldn't even make it through the neighborhood it was surrounded by.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            You've obviously never seen the original Kronk. It was nothing even close to resembling a "state of the art" gym, yet they raised beasts.
            What pleases me most is seeing its still called Emmanuel Stewards Kronk Gym. Hope it prospers

Comment

I just saw pics of the gym... looks like crap, seriously. You'd think they would go all out putting together a modern state of the art gym and they come out with some outdated ghetto ass gym. Hell no. This is a disgrace to his legacy.

lol abner mares has a better personal gym then they do lol.

but hey its in that shitty ass city known as detroit what you expect.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                If you even had the audacity to walk into the original Kronk Gym, I guarantee you the smell would force you out. The smell there was essentially a sign that said "No Bitches Allowed".

You wouldn't even make it through the neighborhood it was surrounded by.
                Hell no. What kind of conditions are those. I gag from bad smells. Again, I could never train in a broke ass gym.

How hard is it to use some Febreeze (Fresh / Cherry scents to give it that clean feeling). Good A/C system. I'm good. Also, I like to train with people who have good hygiene and actually maintain themselves like civilized humans. I'd curse the hell out of the Kronk Gym owner and would get it shut down ASAP for unacceptable human conditions.

That's why Planet Fitness rules. I can't wait until they come out with a boxing section then they would rule all like Kronk. Real champs would come out of fancy gyms.

Comment

Originally posted by Gucci View Post
                  lol abner mares has a better personal gym then they do lol.

but hey its in that shitty ass city known as detroit what you expect.
                  ^^ THIS!!!! That was the gym I was trying to think of. It's his PRIVATE GYM, looks x80239293829 times better.

Come on now. Ya'll need to get some sense of style and fashion. That gym is hideous, looks like Ronald McDonalds kidnapping hideout.

Comment

Exactly, it was because the place was a dump that it was so good. You don't turn out fighters in fancy gyms, you turn them out in rough conditions.
                    so a fighter that comes from rough neighborhoods/rough condintions that trains in a fancy gym wont become a great fighter?

seems legit.

Comment

Yeah, the tiles will be trouble once guys get sweating. But what does the lettering on the walls have to do with brining up fighters?

A highly touted amateur prospect? These boys can chew those up and spit those out on a daily basis, and do so.

I guess that you must judge books by their covers only ah?

You have Emanuals apprentice (Javan Hill, who has spread his wings with what he learned), a former world champion (Milton McCrory and another exceptional coach (James Lester) all coaching under the same roof. The inner city over flows with tough kids that need proper direction and motivation, they will find it at Kronk.

You turn them out with true knowledge. In a dump or a state of the art gym they can be churning out beasts. But you can't do nothin' if you ain't got the knowledge.
                      Last edited by Rockin'; 05-23-2015, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X