No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach on Pacquiao's Loss, Retirement, Ring Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MakeItRain View Post
    Could it be that PAC looked his best because Marquez was just waiting for that one punch.
    This is a very good possibility... On a side note, and lots of people are gonna disagree with me here, I thought Marquez looked slow in there. I noticed it since the training camp footage. Strong but slow.

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
      how come anytime anyone says somethin bad bout pacq. they defend him by talkin trash bout mayweather it makes no sense to me. they are 2 different kinds of people fighters everything
      This goes both ways. The amount of Floyd riders on here is astounding, and most NEVER use logic or reason, just hate. The same for all the Pac extremist. IMDAZED is one of the biggest Pac haters on here by far, discredits everything he does, but will claim that he is a fan. There are far too many of these people on here that ride these 2 fighters that its just sad. Heck i remember JRO was the biggest Oscar hater to ever walk the earth, but really thought that he could convince people otherwise. Immaturity and hate runs wild on boxing sites (pathetic people who create alts) these days ever since the Manny vs Floyd rivalry started. Cant wait till they are both gone for good.

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
        This goes both ways. The amount of Floyd riders on here is astounding, and most NEVER use logic or reason, just hate. The same for all the Pac extremist. IMDAZED is one of the biggest Pac haters on here by far, discredits everything he does, but will claim that he is a fan. There are far too many of these people on here that ride these 2 fighters that its just sad. Heck i remember JRO was the biggest Oscar hater to ever walk the earth, but really thought that he could convince people otherwise. Immaturity and hate runs wild on boxing sites (pathetic people who create alts) these days ever since the Manny vs Floyd rivalry started. Cant wait till they are both gone for good.
        Being honest doesn't make me a hater. LOL @ discredits everything he does. Pac is an ATG, a HOF'er, a living legend. I've said it countless times. Doesn't me I'm gonna slob his knob and pretend that he was putting on some great performance when damn near every punch Marquez threw was landing and he got dropped twice. Maybe you need to grow the **** up.

Comment

Nobody is saying Pac was putting on a defensive display but he did look to be wearing Marquez down and possibly like he was on his way to a tko. Credit to Marquez for timing him perfectly and getting the historic ko but going into a fifth fight I would say Pac has a good chance to get the win.

Comment

Originally posted by beatnutts View Post
            Oscar was not in his prime and Mosley wasn't either. Oscar was at his best when people like Quartey and Tito was around. Mosley was at his best when he was at 135 and 140 and when he fought Oscar the first time.
            Floyd called out both Mosley and Oscar very clearly. Watch the following YouTube clip that the poster was talking about. When Larry Merchant is grilling Shane about fighting Floyd, it gets very very funny. It's classic.

Comment

Roach couldn't have said it better how on the KO happened. Pacquiao leaped in from waaaay too far. His landing was off balance, off target, and in PERFECT position for Marquez to land that bomb. It was a great fight while it lasted...

Comment

He looked damn good until that one punch. He was dominating a fight in which he recovered from a knockdown. By no means did he looked finished. Moronic haters will say his chin is cracked and is done. Ignore these people as they are idiots. I think he needs a good long rest, and just time to relax with family. I think hell be just fine.
                For **** sake, watch the fight again. Manny always lands a lot of punches, but marquez was landing punches from round 1! Round 5 when pac knocked him down was his only dominating round. Pac was seriously dazed from the first knockdown, didnt learn from it so he got punched into next week. So no he didnt fight a great fight. He needs to stay away from Marquez, Marquez is simply the better man.

Comment

Your calling people Floyd riders but had pac in front of May in your p4p list even though pac has questionably lost his last three fights. Doesnt make sense, not when Floyd is undefeated and still somewhat active.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                    Roach couldn't have said it better how on the KO happened. Pacquiao leaped in from waaaay too far. His landing was off balance, off target, and in PERFECT position for Marquez to land that bomb. It was a great fight while it lasted...
                    Pacquaio always throws that lead (feint than follow up with long lead of jab/cross) from far away and got away with it from time to time. He even got JMM with it during the earlier rounds. The different is, when Marquez is against the rope, he will fight back without taking a backward step. When MP stuttered before coming in, JMM was already loading up the right hand..Boom!! Normally it's a good lead as it looks like he was far away but when he stutters with his upper body feint, his rear foot sneaks up behind his front foot giving him lots of leverage to push forward and cover lots of ground. Lots of guys misjudge the range so before they knew it, he was right on their face landing the punch (including Dela Hoya). But not this time.
                    Last edited by Live2box; 12-20-2012, 05:57 PM.

Comment

tough year for roach.

Comment

Working...
                      X