Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire: Single counter - shots ain't gonna cut it against the likes of Juanma etc..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donaire: Single counter - shots ain't gonna cut it against the likes of Juanma etc..

As terrific a boxer Nonito is. I don't think his pot-shottin' power shots will be enough for bigger bullheaded fighters like Salido and even Juanma, **** ain't gonna faze 'em. It might get their attention, but, I think they'll be able to shake it off and keep on movin' forward.

I think Salido at 126 would terrorize him. Gamboa's speed, strength and power will be too much(but, I don't think this fight will happen anyway).

Nonito would have to do more than rely on his single monster left hook to deter those guys from pressin' him. What do y'all think.

The days of KO'ing guys with one punch are over once Nonito steps up in weight against talented heavier fighters.

Juama is so open he eats entire combos to the face.

Nonito lands that left hook on Juama, he'll be done like he was against Salido.

Juanma KNOWS this. That is why he said, "the Donaire fight most likely won't happen."

LOL

Comment

Maybe so, but i really dont care for that fight. Juanma will lose to Salido again anyway IF they fight again next year

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post

Juanma KNOWS this. That is why he said, "the Donaire fight most likely won't happen."

LOL
        You know what, I agree with you, Juanma does have a leaky D. But, it's not like Juanma is a softie, he can absorb shots, it's not like he has been taken out with a single punch ala Darchinnyan and Montiel.

And if I had to pick between Salido, Juanma and Gamboa, I think Nonito's best shot at winning would be against Juanma. However, I'd favor Lopez over Donaire.

It's really a big question mark how well Nonito will do at 126. Hell, he might run into big problems against Nishioka. The story continues...

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post

LOL
          yeah, juanma definitely needs to work on improving his defense. I can't imagine it being very hard for donaire to land his signature left hook.

Comment

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
            I think Salido at 126 would terrorize him.[/URL]
            Agreed on this one, Nonito seemed uncomfortable with someone that could take his punches and put some pressure on him, a la the Concepcion fight. I guess we'll have to find out when he moves up, maybe he'll become a beast when he's not trying to cut so much weight

Comment

Originally posted by mumyoryu View Post
              Agreed on this one, Nonito seemed uncomfortable with someone that could take his punches and put some pressure on him, a la the Concepcion fight. I guess we'll have to find out when he moves up, maybe he'll become a beast when he's not trying to cut so much weight
              Yeah, I see the same thing. But, the Concepcion fight was kind of deceiving. A) Nonito was outweighed by atleast 17lbs and evidently injured his hand.

But, yeah, Nonito has gotten spoiled with this 1 punch KO performances against much smaller men. I just don't see him taking out the Gamboa's and Salido's. I'm pretty sure he'll land some accurate shots, but, he's gonna have to put his combinations together to keep these guys off of him. Unless, he hires Andre Ward or B-Hop on the art of clinching. hehe

Comment

Did you not watch the fight last night?

Juanma will be doing that a lot. He doesn't go all crazy on offense. He's technical and when someone goes technical against Nonito. The fight slows down. Will he stay in guard all fight? No but nonito isn't going to just walk through Juanma. For the fact that Juanma doesn't jump in crazy.

Gamboa is another story. He is fast and powerful but he tends to get reckless. I don't care what he did in his last 2 fights. That isn't his style. If you think Gamboa's style is what he showed in his last 2 fights. You obviously haven't been watching him for long. Gamboa blitzes opponents and that is a no no against Nonito.

I think Nonito could beat both. Specially if he carries up his speed and power. Which I think he will as his fight night weight is 130 for a 118 fight. Nonito will simply have more problems with someone who is reserved(Juanma). Rather than a person who will rush in on him(Gamboa). But he beats both in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Did you not watch the fight last night?

Juanma will be doing that a lot. He doesn't go all crazy on offense. He's technical and when someone goes technical against Nonito. The fight slows down. Will he stay in guard all fight? No but nonito isn't going to just walk through Juanma. For the fact that Juanma doesn't jump in crazy.

Gamboa is another story. He is fast and powerful but he tends to get reckless. I don't care what he did in his last 2 fights. That isn't his style. If you think Gamboa's style is what he showed in his last 2 fights. You obviously haven't been watching him for long. Gamboa blitzes opponents and that is a no no against Nonito.

I think Nonito could beat both. Specially if he carries up his speed and power. Which I think he will as his fight night weight is 130 for a 118 fight. Nonito will simply have more problems with someone who is reserved(Juanma). Rather than a person who will rush in on him(Gamboa). But he beats both in my opinion.
                  I agree, wild punchers and lungers are Nonito's main snacks. At the same time, it is these type of fighters that give the technical fighters problems.

I might agree with you 100% if we're talkin' about someone like Mayorga. But, Gamboa ain't no Ricardo. As great a timing Nonito has, the kind of speed that Gamboa brings to the table is not that easy to time.

I'll stand by my picks, Salido, Juanma and Gamboa over Nonito.

Comment

i do think salido could really give nonito hell but it would depend on how nonito would apporach the fight vs him......

i could see salido being a bigger stronger version of torito concepcion and pressuring the **** out of him.....if nonito finds to look good in exchages , he gets beaten up...

if he boxes, sacrificing looking good, he wins by UD...

Comment

Working...
                    X