Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TROUT calls out Canelo after Cotto beat down.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
    That's the fun part of boxing, predicting who these guys can beat. Saying he's nothing until you see how he does against a good fighter is playing it safe. Of course he deserves mention. If you think he is no better than any other up and comer his own age, you are obviously not using your brain or just hating on him. He's a very good talented fighter for his age. They are taking it slow with him and building him up. If you don't like the process, too bad for you. There will come a time when they step it up, but the opponent has to be a draw as well. That's how boxing is now days, whether we like it or not. Promoters run the game whether we like it or not. Complaining is not going to change a thing. If they were willing to fight Kirkland, Williams and Ortiz, then they would definitely fight Trout. Problem is, he's unknown and not much of a draw. I'd love to see that fight, but it won't happen because it won't sell tickets.
    i must have higher standards. i don't care to see canelo beat up on old WW'S or small JW's..........kirklands arm was torn when they wanted the fight (why not after the angulo fight?) williams had just looked horrible against lara (canelo wants williams after that fight) & ortiz is a welterweight who they wanted to pull up to jr. middle weight (who was coming off a ko loss) why not fight k9? why not fight lara? molina? trout? overly protected fighters such as canelo don't impress me.......the moment he steps up to a guy that can take his shots & gives just as much as he can take (someone thats in shape & not old) he'll lose..........this is the downfall of protecting a fighter for too long.

Comment

I can't believe people say Trout doesn't deserve a Canelo fight because he didn't knock Cotto out.... the excuses keep mounting

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
        i must have higher standards. i don't care to see canelo beat up on old WW'S or small JW's..........kirklands arm was torn when they wanted the fight (why not after the angulo fight?) williams had just looked horrible against lara (canelo wants williams after that fight) & ortiz is a welterweight who they wanted to pull up to jr. middle weight (who was coming off a ko loss) why not fight k9? why not fight lara? molina? trout? overly protected fighters such as canelo don't impress me.......the moment he steps up to a guy that can take his shots & gives just as much as he can take (someone thats in shape & not old) he'll lose..........this is the downfall of protecting a fighter for too long.
        Did you see Vargas vs Trinidad? That's why you don't throw these kids in there too soon. Tyson is the only one that could handle anything at a young age, but these other guys are no Tyson. Its OK, you have your opinion. You think Canelo is shiiiit and I think he's a pretty good fighter that might become an outstanding fighter some day. Only time will tell, not debate.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          I can't believe people say Trout doesn't deserve a Canelo fight because he didn't knock Cotto out.... the excuses keep mounting
          Of course he deserves a shot, but we all know he's not going to get one. If he had KO'd Cotto, that fight more likely would have been made.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
            Did you see Vargas vs Trinidad? That's why you don't throw these kids in there too soon. Tyson is the only one that could handle anything at a young age, but these other guys are no Tyson. Its OK, you have your opinion. You think Canelo is shiiiit and I think he's a pretty good fighter that might become an outstanding fighter some day. Only time will tell, not debate.
            This is a great point. Why did you think they hid Wlad and Vitali for over 30-40 fights? Wlad could have went after the 90's guys DURING THE 90'S, same with Vitali. They both debuted in the MID 90'S (Something most people don't know) they just fought over 30-40 bums up until the 90's era was fading.

If you had thrown in Young Wlad against a 2000 Version of Lewis- he might have died.
            So the best thing to do is wait until everyone drys out than you come out.

Obviously the one issue K2 had was that Lennox took a lot longer to ' dry out' the ****er was simply refusing to leave the throne.

Comment

TE su
              Originally posted by Sake1 View Post
              Lol. Troll alert. Canelo was looking for Cotto. He doesn't want a bum ass fight.
              Spoken like a true idiot! Canelo sure as hell jumped to fight Lopez after he broke Ortiz jaw, but now he is avoiding Trout just like he's Avoiding the other top ten jr middles. Cotto was the man, now Trout is the man cause he beat the man that Canelo wanted to beat. If Canelos punk ass avoids this fight after Trout all ready calls him out and his promoter, then Canelo should throw away all of his pants and buy only pink and purple dresses from now on, because he will be the very essence Of a scared little girl!
              Last edited by SWEETSCIENCE100; 12-02-2012, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                Following in the steps of Money Mayweather.
                didn't you use to be a flo mo? what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
                  This is a great point. Why did you think they hid Wlad and Vitali for over 30-40 fights? Wlad could have went after the 90's guys DURING THE 90'S, same with Vitali. They both debuted in the MID 90'S (Something most people don't know) they just fought over 30-40 bums up until the 90's era was fading.

If you had thrown in Young Wlad against a 2000 Version of Lewis- he might have died.
                  So the best thing to do is wait until everyone drys out than you come out.

Obviously the one issue K2 had was that Lennox took a lot longer to ' dry out' the ****er was simply refusing to leave the throne.
                  I agree some what. The problem I have is that Canelo is only showing interest in welterweights and one lightweight. There are two many jr middles for Canelo to be only targeting Below his weight class. If Golden boy and Mexicans across the glob wants to brag about Canelo being such a great Champion, they should not mind him proving it by fighting Opponents that are natural to his weight class. Let's Look at Broner, he steps up and now all he wants are the ass kickers of each division that he is in. Its foolish to be looking in a lowerweight class when your own class is boiling over with competition and the demand from the fans for you to face, unless your just scared of them. Maybe Canelo should loose weight dropped down to welterweight since thats where all his opponents are coming from.
                  . Canelo is rapidly becoming a laughing joke!
                  Last edited by SWEETSCIENCE100; 12-02-2012, 11:04 AM.

Comment

No Doubt vs. Canelo!!!!!!!!!!! Make it happen.

War Trout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Trout deserves the fight, I just wish he had a more exciting style, this fight would be real tactical n booring.

Comment

Working...
                      X