Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was anyone else bothered by Dawson saying "He has a rematch clause"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IlostMyAccount View Post
    If he didn't fight like a little *****, I wouldn't have to jump off the wagon. Ever thought about that?
    Wow.

A Boxing Scene ****** at it's finest.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smoke View Post
      Wow.

A Boxing Scene ****** at it's finest.
      Why do you talk about yourself that way? I guess you know your own kind. You like fighters who fight scared, afraid of taking punishment in a fight. You hate fighters who take risks.

Comment

There were questions about Dawson's chin before. He was knockdown by Miller, Adamek, and Harding before. Pascal hurt him a few times, and maybe that is why he was afraid to counter more often.

I am glad there is a rematch clause, but Pascal may fight Bute next, he can have an alt fight before exercising that clause. If bute beats pascal, than that takes that scenario away.

Comment

Originally posted by IlostMyAccount View Post
          Why do you talk about yourself that way? I guess you know your own kind. You like fighters who fight scared, afraid of taking punishment in a fight. You hate fighters who take risks.

Don't try to play the lame game buddy.

It won't work.

Comment

i was a Dawson fan before this fight. I just cant see my self rooting for him again after his post fight comment about having a rematch. As a fighter having a rematch clause should mean nothing. This guys heart is lacking big time....

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
              The way he said that was as if he didnt give a **** about mid way through the fight because he has a rematch clause.

What kind of fighter thinks like that? Did anyone else catch that?
              he was not very gracious in defeat guess he bought into his own hype. And mentioning the rematch clause and "constant butting and holding" was pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smoke View Post
                I honestly believe Dawson was on route to TKO Pascal in the 11th or 12th.
                That was a good fight,i would love to see a rematch people are acting like it was a one sided beating Dawson had him hurt bad in the 11th.

Comment

Dawson got exposed last night...hes overrated

Comment

Just seconds before that clash of heads, Dawson landed an uppercut, which he must have felt in his fist as one that had vicious impact and it clearly did as he had Pascal on queer street. What did he do? He stepped back after landing that shot, then, seeing what was happening to Pascal, he rushed back.

Watching the fight, one thought Dawson will finish the whole thing with combinations.Carpe diem or something like it! Just let his hands fly.

He did not. He seemed to take the posture of one who's stalking his prey. One does not stalk one's prey when the prey is ready for the taking. One pounces.

And, in some of the earlier rounds, there were sequences when he was hitting Pascal with combinations while Jean went on the defensive. But each time Dawson just stopped.

I am guessing all these have their roots on "safety first". It may also have much to do with that which is at the root of the rematch statement, and vice versa.

Or, maybe Bad Chad is not bad enough, or, not really bad at all.
                    Last edited by grayfist; 08-15-2010, 02:49 AM.

Comment

No i would be bothered if he didnt want a rematch and talked about moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X