Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder's Handlers Reach Out To Alexander Ustinov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Ustinov better than Arreola thats for sure. And I like Oscar getting f#cked over with Ortiz's opponent here. I'm pro Oscar getting f#cked over from here til he decides to quit being a ***** with this GGG vs Canelo thing. I won't be happy til GGG vs Canelo gets made or all Oscar's guys lose & his got a Dontae's Boxing Nation interview where he says "ummm guys there might be some new 2016 fishnet & panties pics coming out".

Personally I'd prefer Pulev getting the shot since he's the highest rated WBC guy & I think that should more or less be made the new mandatory while Povetkin & the WBC figure out their bs.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      This is nothing more than a ploy by Wilder's team to try to convince a skeptical public that Wilder is actually considering an opponent other than the glass-jawed Chris Arreola.

Ustinov's team will never get that proposal. Nor will Bermane Stiverne's team hear another word from Wilder's team. Wilder's team has already decided that he will be facing Arreola and they are trying to give some legitimacy to the decision.
      i doubt it i actually am ok with arreola myself but thats just because of circumstance

Comment

How many of these tomoato can opponents do we have to see Wilder fighting? Disgraceful for a heavyweight champion to fight these opponents. Having said that, it's not Wilder's fault that the Povetkin fight didn't happen, so he may as well make money against mediocre opposition. Sad state of affairs in boxing in general.

Comment

Ustinov is a good fight that will help prepare for Fury. Stiverne and Arreola are useless fights.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            Of course he used it in a way to help him in training to increase his stamina..etc. It wasn't wrong for him to take it during the time it was legal but some people still feel that he should be considered a long time cheater if it's true that he has been on Melodonium for several years, I disagree with that.
            I argue that is is wrong for him to take it because he was using a drug for a reason it wasn't designed for in order to gain an advantage. I'm going to use a reasonable analogy and a hyperbolic analogy to make the point:

#1 If a fighter was abusing Cancer medication because it gain him a stregnth advantage similar to steroids, but the cancer medication was not banned yet, and the athlete did not have cancer, was it not wrong for him to abuse the substance to get an advantage?

#2 If rape was legal in a certain place, wouldn't it still be wrong to rape despite the law not having banned it yet?

Both are along the same lines, the person who engages in the act are doing so knowing that is wrong yet they've skated by using a loophole.

Comment

Hopefully he gets this Russian, it may help him more vs Povetkin because he gets to practice against a hitter with the E. Europe style.

Comment

Ustinov is the guy Tyson Fury ducked, good call by Wilders team.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                  I argue that is is wrong for him to take it because he was using a drug for a reason it wasn't designed for in order to gain an advantage. I'm going to use a reasonable analogy and a hyperbolic analogy to make the point:

#1 If a fighter was abusing Cancer medication because it gain him a stregnth advantage similar to steroids, but the cancer medication was not banned yet, and the athlete did not have cancer, was it not wrong for him to abuse the substance to get an advantage?

#2 If rape was legal in a certain place, wouldn't it still be wrong to rape despite the law not having banned it yet?

Both are along the same lines, the person who engages in the act are doing so knowing that is wrong yet they've skated by using a loophole.
                  I understand what you're saying and I disagree with you. I think it's a grey zone but pro athletes will do anything to get an advantage in training. So many athletes around the world use different type of medications and painkillers to enhance performance legally. As long as it's not illegal I can't get mad and call him a cheater.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    Rios said his contract with Top Rank is running out soon, which is why he probably said that.
                    Cool, I thought it had something to do with the settlement Top Rank made with Haymon. Now that I think of it when they interviewed him about Mickey Garcia he was joking saying Floyd should also sign him to TMT.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                      I understand what you're saying and I disagree with you. I think it's a grey zone but pro athletes will do anything to get an advantage in training. So many athletes around the world use different type of medications and painkillers to enhance performance legally. As long as it's not illegal I can't get mad and call him a cheater.
                      How can it be a grey zone if the only way its not cheating, is its not officially a banned activity? That's about as black and white as a definition can get, if not A then B. Here A is openly banned, and B is "not cheating".

Comment

Working...
                      X