Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: De La Hoya Can Marinate - And We Can Strip Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what will happen if Canelo accepts the fight but asks 155 for it? Then will they blame GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
      So what will happen if Canelo accepts the fight but asks 155 for it? Then will they blame GGG?
      Canela will be stripped, she cant dictate the weight

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it. These GREEDY SOB's won't do it! The WBC FEE of 2% of Everything Canelo gets is WAY more than 2% of everything GGG gets paid for a fight.
        Last edited by Shadoww702; 04-27-2016, 04:32 AM.

Comment

First thing, you don't believe TISH the WBC says until it happens. Second, there's bo shame in losing to GGG even if it's by KO. At least fight the man so you're not labeled a coward...because you ARE one at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
            Glad they are paying attention to these ridiculous comments coming from GBP. It's really disappointing they are acting like this, especially Canelo himself who I didn't expect this from.

Oh really ?

So, your " expectations " have not been met ?

Damn !

Well, you sound kinda dumb to me..... a golovtard should not be crying about Canelo, he should be disappointed with Golovkin.

When Golovkin spent THREE YEARS telling the world that he can beat "anyone from 154-168"..... we EXPECTED him to actually fight some of those guys.

Canelo did not lie to you, Golovkin did.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
              No! But if he says OK 157 I'll blame GGG

WHAT will happen is GGG wants more then a 70-30 split. Will they blame Canelo.

If Canelo is willing to fight at 160 for a 70-30 split and GGG doesn't accept. GGG is to BLAME!

If Canelo is willing to fight at 60-40 split or better but at 157 or higher. And GGG doesn't accept GGG is to BLAME.

If Canelo insists on 155 and GGG doesn't accept. Than Canelo is to blame.

Comment

The WBC should strip him, I hope they do.

But the VERY best option would be for Canelo to call Team Bull****'s bluff.

Canelo should tell Golovkin that he will vacate, so that Golovkin can be elevated to full champ...... so long as Golovkin contractually agrees to fight him NEXT, at 155.

I would bet my life that Canelo gets the exact same "no thanks, maybe in 2017" that Ward got.

Comment

If Canelo beats Khan, he should ask GGG to come in the ring after the fight, and hand him the WBC belt. Then he can say, "you have the belt, now do you want the fight?" GGG vs. Canelo @ 155! That belt is not that important! The WBC already looks bad for Cotto vacating it, then Canelo winning it @ 155, and now defending it @ 155 vs. a Welterweight who wasn't even a WW champion! Canelo will draw as many fans without the belt, as he will with it! Canelo is the prize, not the belt!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Its ok, they would strip canelo and made him champion emeritius a few months later. Thats the WBC for you.
                    i think it's only fair that we give Mauricio Sulaiman a fair shake. he isn't his father. for all we know, he might actually run things completely different than his father.

he hasn't given us any reason to not trust his statements in the media. he's been 100% for getting this fight made since day 1.

Comment

Wtf, Canelo-Golovkin is the biggest fight in boxing between active fighters! it can't get much bigger really, it's not like 2012/2013 when Golovkin just burst on the scene.

Everyday pretty much you see interviews from either side about this fight, the world wants it.... hopefully this is a bluff.

Comment

Working...
                      X