Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ortiz beats Floyd would it be a bigger upset than Buster Douglas beating Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Ortiz beats Floyd would it be a bigger upset than Buster Douglas beating Tyson?

Or is tyson getting beat by buster still the biggest shock in boxing? Or you gonna throw in another shocker that trumps them both?
    YEP.. Biggest upset in boxing history
    12.68%
    NOPE.. Tyson losing to Douglas was a bigger upset
    81.69%
    NOPE.. Check reply for a bigger upset
    4.23%
    I dunno
    1.41%

Not Really. Froyd Gayweather wishes he was on Tyson's level, Tyson was loved by everyone world wide and KNOWN by everyone world wide, just mention "Tyson".

Froyd isnt even known in his own Country.

Froyd is overrated and if he fought like every other boxer 1-2 times a year then he would have a few loses on his record, its not that impressive to cherry pick some dude every 3 years and demand your ring size, glove size, referee, weight and drug testing.

Comment

I think if Ortiz beat Mayweather it would be one of the biggest upsets of this era.

But, It won't compare to Tyson-Douglas. That was just absolutely crazy. A crazy moment of history.

There's a logical reason why Tyson lost that fight, but still, the shock was huge.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I think if Ortiz beat Mayweather it would be one of the biggest upsets of this era.

But, It won't compare to Tyson-Douglas. That was just absolutely crazy. A crazy moment of history.

There's a logical reason why Tyson lost that fight, but still, the shock was huge.
        Cuz' Douglass controlled him with the jab.

Comment

No where near the same level. Not even close. Douglas was some thing like a 68-1 under dog, where Ortiz is only a 4.5

Comment

Originally posted by borgata View Post
            No where near the same level. Not even close. Douglas was some thing like a 68-1 under dog, where Ortiz is only a 4.5
            This right here. If I remember correctly it was 40-1, which made it one of the biggest upsets not only in boxing but in all of sporting history.

Comment

Originally posted by borgata View Post
              He was 42-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
                Or is tyson getting beat by buster still the biggest shock in boxing? Or you gonna throw in another shocker that trumps them both?
                NO........end of thread..........

wait.........FUUUUUK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK NOW END OF THREAD!!!!

Comment

i thought of this comparison too, but Floyd is old and inactive. He is primed for a loss, Tyson was a world beater who got rid of foes in minutes or seconds even

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    He was 42-1.
                    Lol how do odds even get that ridiculous? Why would anyone with half a brain (or millionaires who can afford to throw away money) even bet on Tyson with those odds? I don't get it at all.. you would think that the EXTREMELY attractive money on Douglass would've evened out the odds a little...

Comment

Working...
                    X