Felix Trinidad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    Quartey & Mosley.

But one thing you can't call Tito is a ducker unlike some lifestyle flashy hip hop wanna be thug that we have right now.
    I agree!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PsYcHoDaD View Post
      Thats why Trinidad deserves Mad respect he didnt duck anybody and always came to fight
      trinidad versus terry norris at 154 would haved been awesome and tito and a younger prime pernell whitaker at 147 would haved been good too instead of the old past his prime sweet pea

Comment

Too bad there's divas like Juan Maricon Lopez representing PR now.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post
          Me too. Would have been a classic. Does anyone have any info if talks ever happened between those two? I can't recall there being any.
          doesn't matter.

if there was any talk it would have been tito post retirement/layoff.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
            I've always wanted to see SSM v Trinidad
            I had dreams about that fight for years, damn Winky Wright but I think they still should have went ahead with it.

Comment

Jose Luis Lopez would had been a war, Quartey fight always lingered but never happened. The timing with SSM wasn't there at the time.

Another fight that I wanted to see at that time was Mayorga vs Margarito

Comment

In 1997 I wanted to see Tito vs Terry Norris.

And, at 154 I wanted to see Tito vs Harry Simon.

And, Tito vs Lopez, Quartey, adn Mosley would of put awesome fights.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  In 1997 I wanted to see Tito vs Terry Norris.

And, at 154 I wanted to see Tito vs Harry Simon.

And, Tito vs Lopez, Quartey, adn Mosley would of put awesome fights.
                  Wasn't Harry Simon in jail during that time?

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                    Wasn't Harry Simon in jail during that time?
                    Not yet, he wen to jail sometime after Tito lost to Hopkins.

When Tito went up to 154. Simon was the WBO champ their a belt he won from Winky.

And, when Tito decided to join the MW tournament. Simon followed him to 160 hoping to get a fight. Tito beat joppy and a couple months later Simon fought Hacine Cherifi to win the WBO 160 pound title.

And, if I am not mistaken he had one more fight in 2002 before going to jail for his tragic driving incided. Tito fought once in 2002 against Cherifi after the Hopkins lost and retired.

I remember that I was a little upset that TIto fought Mamadou Thiam. I personally wanted the Simon fight instead. Or at the very least the Castillejo fight. But, I also understood that the Thiam figh was a showcase fight on regular HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Not yet, he wen to jail sometime after Tito lost to Hopkins.

When Tito went up to 154. Simon was the WBO champ their a belt he won from Winky.

And, when Tito decided to join the MW tournament. Simon followed him to 160 hoping to get a fight. Tito beat joppy and a couple months later Simon fought Hacine Cherifi to win the WBO 160 pound title.

And, if I am not mistaken he had one more fight in 2002 before going to jail for his tragic driving incided. Tito fought once in 2002 against Cherifi after the Hopkins lost and retired.

I remember that I was a little upset that TIto fought Mamadou Thiam. I personally wanted the Simon fight instead. Or at the very least the Castillejo fight. But, I also understood that the Thiam figh was a showcase fight on regular HBO.
                      Thanks for the info. He is a good fighter that that wasn't to recognized in America. He was a lil inactive and hard to keep track of his career at that time

Comment

Working...
                      X