Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best MC. Eminem, Scarface, KRS-One, Nas, or Rakim?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
    Naw. Nas is better. I think it's his voice also. I wouldn't need sleeping pills if I heard his whole CD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
      i really don't know how the guy can say that when he admitted himself that he doesn't know rakim very well.
      Give him a break, he just got to the point where he can appreciate Nas.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...53&postcount=8

Give him a few more years for Rakim.

First lesson about Rakim is that A LOT of the deeper meanings are hidden (he's not just battle rapping when he rhymes). The meanings are hidden because of course when he first began, rappers for the most part didn't tackle serious subjects so he had to be clever with his lyrics. Even after it became cool to put other kinds of subjects in your lyrics he both made songs with a straight up meanings and hidden meanings.
      Last edited by res; 05-03-2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
        Naw. Nas is better. I think it's his voice also. I wouldn't need sleeping pills if I heard his whole CD.
        Except for Stillmatic, Nas's voice is usually monotone. Infact Rakim probably put energy more often in his delivery than Nas. Fore example.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetalVomit View Post
          I would have had Rakim rated above Nas, and everyone else, until after The 7th seal finally dropping.........and not being great. Still love him, still bought it, it's just not good. Since The Master, Nas has pushed beyond Rakim by releasing classic (Stillmatic), near classic (God's Son) and consistently relevant albums. Sorry Mr. Griffin, all your base are now belong to Mr. Jones.
          Rakim's defining discography ended long ago man, this stuff he releases now is irrelevant; Including the Master.

Comment

• Originally posted by res View Post
            Give him a break, he just got to the point where he can appreciate Nas.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...53&postcount=8

Give him a few more years for Rakim.

First lesson about Rakim is that A LOT of the deeper meanings are hidden (he's not just battle rapping when he rhymes). The meanings are hidden because of course when he first began, rappers for the most part didn't tackle serious subjects so he had to be clever with his lyrics. Even after it became cool to put other kinds of subjects in your lyrics he both made songs with a straight up meanings and hidden meanings.
            Yeah, tell him, Res. You know I'm probably one of the most open minded poster here. I don't just turn people down. I actually listen to them a lot before giving a final opinion.

Most cats on here just write people off like they do with the people I post. They just shyt on them without even listening to the links I provided. I actually take the time out to try to listen and hopefully get what they get. I don't just see that they posted a link and say "Oh well, not listening and giving my opinion" .

I'm honestly glad you posted that. I wasn't going to tell them shyt because only a handful of posters currently still know and kept quiet. From what I've seen with what people have posted and what I've posted...a lot of people aren't as open minded as I am and quick to write off like a Meter Maid.

Comment

• Originally posted by res View Post
              Except for Stillmatic, Nas's voice is usually monotone. Infact Rakim probably put energy more often in his delivery than Nas. Fore example.

Lyrics of Fury was on point. I grew up on this...

Comment

He's got a bit of everything.

Every range, every pace, every topic. I'm not saying he's better than Nas even though I believe that, I'm saying that generalisations don't work with Rakim. He's too versatile

Comment

• He hit me with can of beer, the ran in fear.

Later on they found him hanging from a chandolier.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

I took a pic of the Town car with some sick azz elbows. I tried to take a side pic but some bytch was honking at me at the liquor store to back all the way out. Skank.
                    I was gonna get some gorillaz for the drop, but Mrs. Chief convinced me that I dont need another set of 4's So Imma just keep the buick on the 22in blades, and get the 4's redipped, and get a droppa to slide um up under. But yea bruh them Linc dawgs look clean denahb1tch on 4's or 3's, makes um look classy as all hell. When I had the 4's on the buick, it gave it a seriously classy ass look.

You see that broad again, tell her ass if she get outtaline again, you gon have her ass rollerbladin to the liquor store in booty shorts and pigtails to fetch our tall boys this fall.

Comment

Yeah, tell him, Res. You know I'm probably one of the most open minded poster here. I don't just turn people down. I actually listen to them a lot before giving a final opinion.

Most cats on here just write people off like they do with the people I post. They just shyt on them without even listening to the links I provided. I actually take the time out to try to listen and hopefully get what they get. I don't just see that they posted a link and say "Oh well, not listening and giving my opinion" .

I'm honestly glad you posted that. I wasn't going to tell them shyt because only a handful of posters currently still know and kept quiet. From what I've seen with what people have posted and what I've posted...a lot of people aren't as open minded as I am and quick to write off like a Meter Maid.
                      maybe because you act like the forum primadonna? i don't know, just a thought.

www.dictionary.com/primadonna

poor, misunderstood versatile. jeez dude, get over yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X